Author Topic: New Tool History Site  (Read 5278 times)

Offline Twertsy

Re: New Tool History Site
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2015, 08:30:24 AM »
Just an update folks.  Things are progressing nicely.  Check out the Bonney Timeline under the "Timelines & Case Studies" tab.  Our research efforts have been incredibly successful and there is a LOT of new information in there.  4 new Bonney catalogs should be available soon; 1888 (front cover in pic), 1914, 1915 and 1919.  They're on the way!  Let's get some comments / clarifications / revelations going!!!

Offline Twertsy

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 05:15:06 PM »
Bonney 1915 "Cement Tools" catalog and 1919 tool catalog posted at Toolarchives.com --> Hand Tool Manufactureres --> A-B --> Bonney --> Bonney Catalogs.  1914 will be uploaded tomorrow, and possibly 1888 if it arrives in time.

Offline Twertsy

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 03:36:40 PM »
I just uploaded the 1914 Wrench / Vise Bonney catalog to the site.  I received the 1888 catalog but it will take me some time to get it scanned.

Offline Twertsy

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 06:45:18 PM »
Ok folks, things are going well on the site for the first month.  So, just in case they keep going well, I'm redesigning it to make it simple to find everything.  Basically, instead of posting pics and info on a page, we will post individual tools, tagged appropriately, and you folks will be able to view it however you want. 

As an example, let's say you find a DBE wrench but the stamps were ground off for whatever reason.  You could go on the site, select DBE and the broach sizes and view every example on the site on one page.  Or, maybe you want to see every wrench of a certain size, or model # Blue Point ever made.  Just select BP and the model and presto, all on one page.  Or, let's say you wanted to see all wrenches by OEM, regardless of brand, same thing, just select the company.

The thought is that any registered user will be able to add examples, and the appropriate views will display them just based on the selected tags.

So, over the next few day you'll start seeing a new area to play around in.  Enjoy and thanks to those who have been contributing!

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 01:04:44 AM »
I just signed up, looks like another great tool site. Of course tool talk will always be home base for me but your site looks like it will hold great info as well.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood