Author Topic: What did I get here and what can I do with it  (Read 6613 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: What did I get here and what can I do with it
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 06:12:49 AM »
Yes, like bob says, the plastic boc on the vertical pipe is the pressure switch. Also, the tube from the compressor to the dryer has cooling fins, so this thing makes at least somewhat decent pressure, else there would be no need to cool anything. The tank seems reasonly beefy also, it's not a #6 soup can. Betya it will make enough pressure to fill a tire, and from the head size, faster than those little cheesy Bennys special tire fillers. Not gonna run a paint gun or an impact wrench tho.

I would ebay it for $150 and see what happens tho ;P
There may just be some radio fellow looking for one....

Ive had it on Craglist for a few days for 100 dollars ( what I paid ) and I got one call from a guy wanting to know if it would run his complete pain shop ( although I did post the pictures of it sitting on my kitchen counter )
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 06:13:36 AM »
here is a pic of mine, it probably a replacement pump, the cabinet it fit into is more 1950's. the stuff on the floor is from a linseed or turpentine can that rusted and leaked.
It looks awful lonely :)
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline rusty

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 05:23:47 PM »
A pair would pump air faster......:P
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2014, 01:14:05 AM »
It is an oiless air compressor. We mount them on risers all the time. I am sure  Phil and Rusty are right about the whole assembly.  The compressor will develop high enough pressure to run tools, the problem is volume.  The tank holds high pressure, which is regulated down. Is the brass thing a pressure regulater?

If you add a huge tank it could be another air compressor.

Your price seems good, advertise it as an air compressor with extras you could get some hits or more interest.

Chilly