Author Topic: Antique Hein-Werner Hydrolic Jack: Info Needed  (Read 2965 times)

Offline JessEm

• MinneSNOWta
Antique Hein-Werner Hydrolic Jack: Info Needed
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:22:16 PM »
I'm looking for some info on this Hein-Werner jack. All the old HW's I looked at have the name "Hein-Werner" cast into them. This one simply has "H-W", which leads me to believe it might have been part of a kit. The bottom has a number that could be a date 1-10-12

Any ideas?

Vintage Power Tools WANTED: Porter Cable 500 belt sander, beam saws (circular saws with 10"+ blades) including Mall Saw 120, Skil 127, Makita 5402A & 8190039, B&D, ETC...

Offline amecks

Re: Antique Hein-Werner Hydrolic Jack: Info Needed
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 03:22:10 PM »
I have a small jack like that - but I know nothing about it - now I am interested to know what it is.  Mine has a hex top nut and a some other more minor differences.   The top piece unscrews to adjust the height.   Al.

It's 7" tall when the screw is down all the way.  It has the following markings.
On  the lever and under the lever (no photo) it's stamped 112-A1:

B8  and  1100  possibly another figure above the B8:

Home-made handle...
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline JessEm

• MinneSNOWta
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »
It's 7" tall when the screw is down all the way.  It has the following markings.
On  the lever and under the lever (no photo) it's stamped 112-A1:
B8  and  1100  possibly another figure above the B8:
They're very similar. Both made by Hein-Werner I'm sure. Mine is also 7" collapsed and has 112-1 W8 ...very similar... Now where would have a person acquired one of these?  :grin:
Vintage Power Tools WANTED: Porter Cable 500 belt sander, beam saws (circular saws with 10"+ blades) including Mall Saw 120, Skil 127, Makita 5402A & 8190039, B&D, ETC...

Offline rusty

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 04:18:16 PM »
A somewhat similar jack appears in the 1980's era Operators manual for the army M939 truck, Hein-Werner is listed on the cage code / suppliers list page....

Which means they were making stuff for the govt, and there are probably surplus things floating about....
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline amecks

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 06:30:22 PM »
I can't even remember where mine came from and you want me to tell you where the previous owner got it???!!! :grin:

I did poke around on the internet a bit - enough to find that H-W is now owned by some American company called Shinn Fu.  Further searching reveals they are probably from Taiwan (better than mainland China).
Will keep checking.
Al
Al
Jordan, NY