Author Topic: More stuff to identify  (Read 10947 times)

Offline john k

• Contributor
Re: More stuff to identify
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 06:53:52 PM »
80s carb adjusting tool, no wonder, I had erased that era from my memory, early electronics near impossible to diagnose, carburetors that one could barely adjust,  1,600 RPM fast idle, oh yeah, forgot about all that ON PURPOSE, not a great time.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline amecks

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 08:12:29 PM »
Does John K want the battery pliers?  Or did someone else want them?  If not I would like them. I need a set to keep at work.  I could have used them yesterday.
I thought someone wanted them - or did you want to keep them?  If not I'd be pleased to have them, missing pin or not.
Al.
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2014, 10:44:00 AM »
I could send you another so you have a pair.

bill
But then he'd have to buy one of those hotted-up cars with dual carburetors.  And a Uni-syn to keep the carbs synchronized.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 08:07:42 PM »
Does John K want the battery pliers?  Or did someone else want them?  If not I would like them. I need a set to keep at work.  I could have used them yesterday.
I thought someone wanted them - or did you want to keep them?  If not I'd be pleased to have them, missing pin or not.
Al.
John K did want the pliers, they are prob. going out tomm along with a something else I need to send
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 09:21:25 PM »
I believe these are adapters to use with a radiator/radiator cap pressure tester.

http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13221.0;attach=33199;image

Mike

Mike can you ( or someone ) explain to me how these work, there is the same set on e-bay except their set has the original case and instructions. I dont want to buy it just for the case and the instructions although of course it stinks I am missing these.

I dont remember ever seeing a rad. inlet that would allow screwing one of these shiny adapter pieces directly to it although I plan to go out and test a few rad when the sun comes up.

Also I take it the adapters are there cause not all rad inlets are the same type but why the long adapter, why would they  have not made them much shorter? These are about 4-5 inches long.

If you are still interested, I found my pressure tester, and the original instruction booklet.  PM me your addresse and I'll send you a photocopy.  Sorry, but you can' that've the case. :smiley:

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2014, 11:56:27 AM »
Already sent, thanks
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.