Author Topic: Need help identifying these Pliers?  (Read 10146 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Need help identifying these Pliers?
« on: August 23, 2014, 05:24:52 AM »

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 05:35:15 AM by 1930 »
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: Need help identifying these holding instruments
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 05:29:45 AM »
Guessing the tool with the green handle is a nail puller, marked Japan, if anyone wants it for free let me know.

Blue handle no idea but most likely also free

Red handle same as above

Nice shiny pair evidently some sort of screw holder, aviation. Free to someone into aviation only, otherwise it will just go back in the box.

Last pair furthest right but more than likely also free if anyone wants them

Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: Need help identifying these Pliers?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 05:50:09 AM »
Also what are these, Quality tool seems like

These are prob junk but curious what they were made for

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 07:42:21 AM »
Blue handle- Blue Bird battery clamp cleaner/spreader pliers and battery post cleaner,

Red handle- hog ring pliers used mostly in upholstery
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 08:32:27 AM »
I can't see the tips on the Craftsman pliers but I think they are for snap rings, install and remove.

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 08:35:08 AM »
 The green handled ones look like ceramic tile nippers.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline lbgradwell

• Oakville, ON
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 08:43:53 AM »
I agree on all the replies to date.

And I think the right-most tool is almost certainly for snapping glass or tile too...

The 4th tool is a BK Sweeney Mfg Co. or Cole Mfg. Co. plier for Adel line clamps used in aviation.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:21:43 AM by lbgradwell »

Kijiji King

Offline wvtools

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 09:00:01 AM »
The Craftsman pliers look like horseshoe lock ring pliers; similar to a snap ring, but wider.  Many rear brake shoe posts have them.

Offline ron darner

• RIP 4-18-1941- 9-30-2014
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 11:04:06 AM »
Not mentioned, but the pliers in back of the green-, blue-, and red-handled ones are Sta/Tite, or a knockoff of them.  See thread at http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=932.0.  I just picked up a pair of these a week ago.
I'd be interested in the line clamp pliers.  I'm a member of EAA, AOPA, and VAA (Experimental Aircraft Association, Aircraft Owners & Pilot's Association, and Vintage Aircraft Association), and have a homebuilding project (Barnard M-19 Flying Squirrel).  I'm newsletter editor for my EAA chapter (#320, Watertown, WI.  Email subscriptions are free).  Was at Oshkosh end of last month and first part of this one, for AirVenture.  Do I qualify as "someone into aviation"?  If so, PM me, and I'll provide shipping info and gladly cover costs.
Arrogance and Ignorance have more in common than their last four letters!

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 02:49:36 PM »
Not mentioned, but the pliers in back of the green-, blue-, and red-handled ones are Sta/Tite, or a knockoff of them.  See thread at http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=932.0.  I just picked up a pair of these a week ago.
I'd be interested in the line clamp pliers.  I'm a member of EAA, AOPA, and VAA (Experimental Aircraft Association, Aircraft Owners & Pilot's Association, and Vintage Aircraft Association), and have a homebuilding project (Barnard M-19 Flying Squirrel).  I'm newsletter editor for my EAA chapter (#320, Watertown, WI.  Email subscriptions are free).  Was at Oshkosh end of last month and first part of this one, for AirVenture.  Do I qualify as "someone into aviation"?  If so, PM me, and I'll provide shipping info and gladly cover costs.

I think I have one of those aviation pliers and a few clamps that go with it.
I'll dig it out.
Chilly

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »
The far right one is a glass /tile tool the wheel is a glass cutter, then you line up the score in the "v" to break.

Chilly

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 04:34:12 PM »
Blue handle- Blue Bird battery clamp cleaner/spreader pliers and battery post cleaner,

I did not realize until you mentioned the pliers are indeed marked Blue Bird no 20 and that brought me to a post on here that identified them.

Bonneyman displayed this image and I would like to ask why the TWO battery terminal pullers.

I ask cause I now also have two, is that a coincidence or was there a reason to carry the pair?

These are now keepers BTW, thanks for identifying

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 04:36:57 PM »

Ok they are yours, just e-mail me your address jhason2@yahoo.com

Just cover the postage, nothing more

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 04:38:26 PM »

Whats the 3/4 loop at the end of the handle for.

Hog ring pliers makes sense, poor quality and junk in my opinion. I believe I have at least one nicer pair

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 04:46:26 PM »
I can't see the tips on the Craftsman pliers but I think they are for snap rings, install and remove.

Does this help