Author Topic: Bonney S Wrench  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
Bonney S Wrench
« on: March 30, 2014, 11:00:20 AM »
I came across this last night on eBay and didn't pull the trigger for $20 because it is frozen but as I thought about it later and early this morning I don't recall seeing one of these very often if at all before. Did I let one slip by that might have been repairable? I guess I'll just have to wait for the next one. It is 6 inches.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: Bonney S Wrench
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 11:12:48 AM »
The handle end is different. I don't recall seeing that one.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 01:38:38 PM »
Frozen or not, that is not a common wrench.   If it got rusty enough to stick, they may have wire brushed the tar out of it to get it looking so.   Today we got plenty of things to unstick tools, I'd have bit.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline mvwcnews

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 07:46:07 AM »
For those who are MVWC members, the two styles of BONNEY "S" are #5 & #6 on pg. 17 of the Dec. 2013 MVWC Newsletter.    In addition to the handle differences, the two styles have different shaped "ways" for the adjustable jaw & corresponding base of the movable jaw.
The patent is 1,141,602  ( http://www.datamp.org/patents/displayPatent.php?number=1141602&typeCode=0 ).  Once I get things wrapped up from the MVWC Spring Meeting & my "absentee bidder agent" role for the subsequent auction, I have a huge backlog of DATAMP entries that are begging for pictures of corresponding tools.  This is one of them.
Of course, Mrs. thinks I should be doing things around the house & yard  and there is always the "day job"s demand on time -- and I'm way behind on the next MVWC newsletter content.