General Category > General Discussion

Posting Pictures

(1/7) > >>

Papaw:
To post attachments in a new post, look for the "camera" icon in the options above the text box. When you click that icon, it will insert brackets in your post - "[IMG]   [IMG]" with a flashing cursor between them. If you have the picture hosted somewhere like Photobucket, Flickr, or such, you paste the URL of the image between the brackets. The image will show in your post at that position. You will not see the image in "Preview", only when you post the post.
If you have the image on your computer, click "Attachments and other options" below the text box. You will see a blank window with a "Browse" button next to it. Click that button and find your image on your computer, usually in "My Documents"/"My Pictures". Choose your image and click it to open it, and it will show in the window by "Browse" . To attach more, click "More Attachments". You can post 4 per post as long as they are within the size limitations.
If you need to resize your images, the easiest software I have found is freeware from www.irfanview.com .

rusty:
Note: The forum does not appear to be able to make thumbnails from GIF images.
If you want a thumbnail, use JPG....
<Edit> For some reason, this works now...scratching head...

dimwittedmoose51:
I was wondering if some of you photo experts could give me some guidance as to making higher quality images with my Fujifilm FinePix 8mp camera.  It seems like since the switch to the new website, my photo quality has dropped a bunch and was wondering if there were some tips on what settings to use for maximum quality, manual or automatic mode, optimum lighting conditions.  background contrast etc.  My mother was a professional photographer and passed on before the digital age arrived.  Any help would be appreciated.

THX

DM&FS

kxxr:

--- Quote from: dimwittedmoose51 on June 24, 2011, 03:40:48 AM ---I was wondering if some of you photo experts could give me some guidance as to making higher quality images with my Fujifilm FinePix 8mp camera.  It seems like since the switch to the new website, my photo quality has dropped a bunch and was wondering if there were some tips on what settings to use for maximum quality, manual or automatic mode, optimum lighting conditions.  background contrast etc.  My mother was a professional photographer and passed on before the digital age arrived.  Any help would be appreciated.

THX

DM&FS

--- End quote ---
I would think an 8 mp camera would take fine pictures for posting here. Here are some tips I have found worth while: Rig up some kind of tripod to attach your camera to. Anything to minimize shakes, and push the button carefully. Also, place the items to be pictured on a contrasting, non-reflecting background (shop rag) and flood it with the brightest light you have. Shine that light on there and wash out any shadows. Once you get the tripod rigged up and your light shining on your shop rag, don't change it unless you need a lighter shop rag to picture dark colored items or a darker rag for shiny items. Take a few test shots to see if you need the flash or not. Check your camera to see what settings are recommended for close up photos of objects. Some cameras have an all purpose setting that might not work as well as "macro" or one of the other settings. Sometimes the settings menu uses icons or symbols to indicate which mode is selected. Check that to make sure you haven't somehow changed to a landscape or panorama mode or something like that. With the Fuji, (depends which model number you have) for taking close ups of tools, use the Macro or SuperMacro mode rather than Auto. The Macro symbol looks like a little flower (tulip to be precise). And .... I hate to say it, but .... there is always the ..... manual. Type "Fuji FinePix F650 8 MP manual" with the quotes into Google to find it.
Once you get all that figured out, (and I'm no expert on this) but I think the Photobucket method is a good way to go. Do you have the USB cable for your camera or a card reader so you can get the pics from the camera to the computer?

dimwittedmoose51:
Thanks

DM&FS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version