Author Topic: Hands Down My Best Unexpected Suprise Find of the Year. New Britain F 202  (Read 1869 times)

Offline UncleBill

Alright I might sound a little crazy of what I think is an exciting find.  But I love super rare tools, their stories and of course size doesn't matter ;)

I recently picked up an amazing late 1940's lightly used Snap On set including 3/8" drive sets of deep, 6 + 12 point shallow sockets, and 8 point, extensions, ratchets, Vacuum grip pliers, and more incased in a Snap On carry tool box with original tray. 90% of everything is not owner marked. Though that in itself is pretty amazing what was the unexpected find was an elusive 2 13/16" New Britain F 202 pocket clip file hiding in pocket of a Snap On ignition wrench set all rolled up in the original leather bag.  Ok... I have never seen one, heard of one, or even am able to find one on the internet. So I thought I would share it with you all and see if anyone here has seen one and if not well there it is :)

FYI the last picture of the wrench set you can see a pint piece of paper folded up. That is a Snap On reciept from 1949 or 1950 for some of the tools in the set.

Offline slip knot

yeah, that is a sweet little surprise.

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
Nice find!!!!!!
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Northwoods

Good on you!
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline Yadda

I watched a similar file on the 'bay a while back for several months, but I couldn't pull the trigger. 
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline p_toad

Looks like a nice little points file.   I've got a couple of them hiding around here somewhere, but haven't had to actually use one in years.   Nice find!   :smiley: