Author Topic: GARAGE SALE RANT AND FIND  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Ken W.

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Contributor
GARAGE SALE RANT AND FIND
« on: June 25, 2018, 05:29:02 PM »
On Friday I drove 50 + miles to a "Guy's Garage Sale".  When I walked in the garage I asked if everything was for sale. The guy said yes. Nothing was priced and I put myself l small pile of SK tool sets and a few wrenches. I asked how much for these tools and was told they were not for sale. I asked how much for the vise ?? Not for sale. I then asked What is for sale and the answer was I'm not ready to sell yet.  Then why the heck did you have a garage sale and advertise it all over CL ?? I was quite peeved.

I did find this Snap On no. 5 Ignition Pliers on the road as I was leaving the sale. I actually stepped on them.

Offline Spartan-C

Re: GARAGE SALE RANT AND FIND
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 07:24:44 PM »
Cool!

Don't you love it when people pull stupid things like this!  I hope you left that pile of tools sitting there!
Ken

Offline Ken W.

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 07:58:15 PM »
Cool!

Don't you love it when people pull stupid things like this!  I hope you left that pile of tools sitting there!

I did leave then in a pile. I didn't even close them back up.

Offline Northwoods

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 01:33:21 PM »
I hate it when someone puts out a box of screwdrivers and a box of wrenches and a box of pliers and expects someone to buy the entire box.  I know it seems easier for the seller.  But it inhibits lots of sales.   And a few days later, I see them for little of anything at the Resale....
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline Yadda

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 08:12:01 PM »
I once went to a yard sale advertised on CL.  No prices.  The guy selling stuff had to call a man inside the house to ask prices on every single item.  He would usually give one price then disappear. I picked up a hand full of hammers while he was out.  Got a price of $5. Six hammers including a craftsman with replaceable faces.  It was the only thing sold in the 30 minutes I was there...
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline EVILDR235

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 11:36:17 PM »
About a month ago I went to a garage sale. Nothing was marked far as a price. Every time I asked the woman there a price on something, she gets on her phone to see what the same item is selling for on eBay. She did not get any of my money. My local Habitat Restore is open 7 days a week now and most days I walk away happy.

EvilDr235