Author Topic: My brother always says, Bird, that would only happen to you!  (Read 2328 times)

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
Well, yesterday wasn't the best of days. I spent close to 50 dollars on new printing cartridges..... which don't seem to work. I've lost the ability to find all of my music that was stored on the "itunes" library.
      The final disaster of the day (which I say lightly, there's plenty worse 'disasters'!"  was when I drove all the way into Charlottesville to see my Physical Therapist  (in order to continue doing my 'thumb lifts').  I drove into the massive parking lot, and was surprised to see so many open parking spaces.  I  jumped out of my car and ran to the door---- partially because I was late, and partially because it was POURING down rain. When I managed to get to the front door of the hospital, a fireman stood in front of me, with arms stretched out, in order for his entire body to form the shape of a "T." 
       He said, "the building is closed." 
       "WHAT? for how long?"
       "For the rest of the day."
Leave it to me to have an appointment that coincides with the hospital catching on fire!!!!
      I'm still laughing about the fireman that apparently thought I was going to "dodge" from one side or the next in order to get into the hospital!!!! ....... hmmm, guess you had to be there!
      And so, while I was driving back home (almost an hour from Charlottesville), I found myself laughing at how many completely odd, obscene, and unbelievable situations I have found myself in, through the years. ...... I just came close to listing off a bunch of those weird and unbelievable situations I've wound up in. But, I won't bore you with all of that----- probably already bored you folks. Although, I think most of you know to either ignore my posts, or read them for the sake of some "rambling medicine" that we all need!
cheers, bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
Re: My brother always says, Bird, that would only happen to you!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 04:20:19 AM »
i enjoy your tales and experiences bird keep em comin . i have one similar to yours i have fallen about 8 times in the past year and wife had to call the medics to lift me up and sometimes to take me to the hospital.one day i was out on my 4 wheeler to get the mail when the ambulance came a roaring and screaming up our road . when they saw me they stopped and rushed out and said you did not have to meet us we know the way.the end of the story was they were after the next neighbor on our road  bob w.
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Offline J.A.F.E.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 04:28:38 AM »
I always enjoy your posts. I say keep them coming.

How bad was the fire?
All my taste is in my tools.

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 04:32:12 AM »
How bad was the fire? I have no idea! I was just pissed that I drove to C-ville for nothin'!!!!!  No, I'm just kidding. Well, not really. I know no one was hurt in the fire. So, yeah, I'm just going to be pissed about it!!!!
cheers, bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"