Author Topic: rustcollector  (Read 1858 times)

Offline rustcollector

rustcollector
« on: April 06, 2013, 09:21:31 PM »
Well, I suppose it's time to do this. I was a member on the old site too. Just before it crashed, I had to stop checking in so much. Had a lot going on at the time, and still do in a lot of ways. Things are starting to get back in order for me, although I did just change jobs.

I was nywrencher on the old site.

As most of you would know that were here back then, I mainly collect farm implement wrenches, but that doesn't stop me from buying as many old wrenches as I can that I come across. It seems I end up buying a lot of other older farm related stuff too. I usually resell all that stuff to fund my wrench collecting. I sell at a couple local flea markets each summer. I normally can buy stuff pretty cheap locally and that makes it easy to resell at less than the current market value and still clear a nice profit.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good place to display my own collection of farm implement wrenches. So they sit in plastic tubs for now. I lost count a long time ago of how many I have. Started to do an inventory, but it got way to overwhelming. I have 14 tubs (25 qt and 14 gal) full of them and for the most part, I know what I have and what I don't have yet. To me, having them is nice, but the hunt for the one you don't have yet is even more fun.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: rustcollector
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 10:05:56 PM »
I have boxes and boxes, and plastic flats full. Don't know what to do with them all.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline rustcollector

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 10:31:46 PM »
Won't be our problem, right Papaw? The wife and kids get to deal with them after we're gone. My wife knows to contact the MVWC when I go and consign them to one of their auctions. I'd rather have the wrenches than the money while I'm still here.

Those tubs are just the wrenches that will never be sold while I'm here. I can't even guess how many other boxes (and crates and toolboxes and god only knows what else I've put them in) I have that are full of stuff to sell. I have started to give some lower value better type wrenches to younger kids in the area that show some interest in collecting. Probably shooting myself in the foot doing so, as they will run my prices up at local auctions if they do get into it, but we need younger people to be involved with wrench collecting too.

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 10:37:13 PM »
       good to hear you are back.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 10:35:09 AM »
Mr. Collector, Where in ny are you ?  bob w.
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Offline rustcollector

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 11:45:56 AM »
Newark Valley, which is the Binghamton/ Vestal area.

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 03:36:07 PM »
We are in Sullivan county Mountain Gale dale area   BOB W.
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Offline skipskip

• Contributor
  • Glenmont NY USA
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 03:39:33 PM »
Wrencher, welcome back!!

missed your humor.

Skip
A place for everything and everything on the floor