Author Topic: Spent $466.73 at an auction and don't know what I got.  (Read 2128 times)

Offline sumner52000

Spent $466.73 at an auction and don't know what I got.
« on: April 28, 2012, 08:26:11 PM »
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=1414793&kwd=tool&zip=27573&category=0

Working nights this weekend and the wife had a 3D ultrasound of new baby so couldn't make it to the auction.

I met with the auctioneer several weeks ago and picked out the items i was interested in.  He took my max bids, and told me about a good doughnut place.  then three days later he posted pics of the tools i had picked out on auctionzip.  Kind of pissed me off that i spent all that time digging through stuff and sorting out the good just so he could advertise it.

Well i got a phone call today with my total $466.73.  I'll pick it up monday and will post some pics.  Was hoping to only spend about $250.

Offline keykeeper

Re: Spent $466.73 at an auction and don't know what I got.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 11:54:50 PM »
If you got a bunch of the SK stuff that was new in box, you probably will make money on your purchases. Seemed to be a bunch of that in there.
-Aaron C.

My vintage tool Want list:
Wards Master Quality 1/2" drive sockets (Need size 5/8), long extension, & speeder handle.
-Vlchek WB* series double box wrenches.
-Hinsdale double-box end round shank wrenches.

Offline sumner52000

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 07:43:56 PM »
Here is what i got. Easier to post my large pics there. 

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2291974&posted=1#post2291974

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 08:02:50 PM »
Any markings on the bicycle wrench in this picture? Would it be for sale?
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline sumner52000

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 08:17:43 PM »
I didn't see any marks.  PM me an offer.

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 06:26:14 AM »
summer , years ago the wife and used to work for an auction . I learned right away that when someone leaves a bid on an item that item is going to bring at least that price come he l or high water.I have seen bids drawn off the wall with a finger pointed where no one was . your best bet is to be there or have a buddy bid for you.  I have seen best buddys of the auctioneer get skunked. I leave bids at auction by phone and I am prepared to pay the price knowing it would have gone for less if i were there
bob w.
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »
summer , years ago the wife and used to work for an auction . I learned right away that when someone leaves a bid on an item that item is going to bring at least that price come he l or high water.I have seen bids drawn off the wall with a finger pointed where no one was . your best bet is to be there or have a buddy bid for you.  I have seen best buddys of the auctioneer get skunked. I leave bids at auction by phone and I am prepared to pay the price knowing it would have gone for less if i were there
bob w.

No way Bob, say it isnt so!
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline rusty

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 06:53:44 PM »

wooo woo ...papaw spotted a goody ;P
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline sumner52000

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 08:49:35 PM »
bob w.

I'm sure i would have gotten a few things cheaper had i been there.  But i am also sure i would have spent more total because i would have bought much more stuff.  Overall most of my prices were about a bid lower than the limit i told him.  I still came out ahead working the overtime the night before and after the sale.

The proto screwdrivers $45, max was 50
 Irwin screwdrivers $15 max 20
SK 3/8 drive set $60 max 60
Ratchet repair kits $40 max 50

Overall I am very happy.