Author Topic: interested, how many  (Read 5059 times)

Offline OilyRascal

• Contributor
    • Facebook Profile
Re: interested, how nany
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 09:22:00 AM »
offset 4 in pocket screwdrivers do you have?  what are they  combos,,phillips  or std.?
Bob, Im havin a hard time understanding your language but are you asking if many of us have pocket screwdrivers? If that is the case than count me in for a big yes. I wear then daily, straight tip. I have a phillips but it dosent go with my red pen and my red straight tip cause its white bit I am always on the lookout for more pocket scredrivers.

That little booger has made me more money than many of my other tools. Im also a nut for pocket flashlights ( pen light ) but I am having a hard time finding a good quality one. I had a slim one for years and then it finally stopped working.

1930 - I have a pile of ChannelLock "pocket protectors" for those screwdrivers if you have interest in one PM me your address and I'll mail a few to you.
"FORGED IN THE USA" myself.  Be good to your tools!

Garden and Yard Rustfinder Extraordinaire!
http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=3717

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: interested, how many
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 10:33:53 AM »
Wow, would I ever, I dont have any pocket protectors left but I do have quite a few holy pockets. I started to type my address here but then I back down so I gues I must be learnin somethin after all :) sending P.M thanks and let me know what I owe you besides postage
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline Branson

Re: interested, how nany
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »
iAM TALKING ABOUT THE LITTLE OFFSET SCREWDRIVERS THAT SEEM TO BREED IN THE TOOL BOX . THE ENDS ARE OFFSET ON EACH END AND SOME ARE PHILLIPS SOME ARE STANDARD AND SOME ARE COMBONATION  BOB W.

Just went out to the shop and checked.  I have five of these.  Three aren't marked, but one is from H R Tools, and one is a Proto.  I use them rarely, true, but when I do, there's no other tool to do the job.  I figure that if they were made by Proto and H R, they aren't fad tools, but served a workman's need, even if rarely.

I also have one of the little Stanley ratcheting off set screw drivers, maybe two.  And I have a couple of off-shore ratcheting off sets, too.  One is in my bike bag with a set of different driver bits, and the other is a permanent fixture in my general purpose belt bags, along with a selection of bits.   I've used that one time and again.

Offline J.A.F.E.

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 07:14:53 PM »
I have several but off the top of my head wold have to guess. More than five less than a dozen. Snap on and Plomb mostly. Almost all are straight.
All my taste is in my tools.

Offline bgarrett

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 10:24:22 PM »
In 1967 I bought a 1947 Mercury and learned that these screwdrivers were the only way to get screws out of the back door window frames. Still have the screwdriver and the car.

Offline dimwittedmoose51

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 11:43:20 AM »
As unorganized as I can be, I do have all my "user" screwdrivers in one drawer of my green Master Force roling tool chest.  I keep the 90's in a small parts drawer tray that was a stray from a yard sale find.  Idecided to photograph my stash, since no one has to this point and surely a call will be made for pix.

Upper left is the combos, a Craftsman and 4 no namers,

The upper right, "phillips" (w/ patent # on the shaft)x2 and a general and craftsman ratchet(appear to be identical tool)

Lower left:  Slots;  Stanley and two Yankee Ratchets and a general rat and a general 4 way slot.

Lower Right: Slots; craftsman rat, craftsman 90, a craftsman 4 way slot(w/ the crown/dovetail logo) and a Bridgeport.

Does 17 of 'em make me the winner??? ....and no, they rarely see the light of day, so this will be their Andy Warhol moment....

DM&FS

Champion Pawn/Flea Plunderer
Old Tools and Music.....My drugs of choice

Offline kxxr

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 12:52:16 PM »
That Craftsman is a keeper, nice example with a great logo from the good ol' days.

Offline dimwittedmoose51

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 03:26:29 PM »
I thought the Bridgeport and the two Yankees were a bit on the old side too.  What era is that dovetail Craftsman logo anyway??

THX

DM&FS
Champion Pawn/Flea Plunderer
Old Tools and Music.....My drugs of choice

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 05:06:30 PM »
Received my pocket protectors today and they ware appreciated. I will send 1000.00 dollars in loose change first thing in the A.M.
Thank-you
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline JeremyManning

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 06:45:20 PM »
7 total, 5 snap on flat heads 020-050 and 2 proto phillips
License Plate Needed for My Collection
US States- DE, SC & WV
Canadian Provinces - Nova Scotia, Yukon & Nunavut

Offline Bus

• Contributor
    • The Wrenchingnews
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 12:19:21 AM »
I've got ten in my tool box. Don't use them often but very useful at times.

Third from left is marked "Germany", fourth from left "Made in USA" and sixth is marked "21766". Top three ratcheting drivers are Stanley Yankees, the bottom one is a Craftsman.

Offline J.A.F.E.

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 08:03:30 PM »
Here are mine. I have some ratcheting ones maybe I'll post those up later.

Top to Bottom: Williams, Snap on, Proto, Proto, Plomb, MAC, unknown, Wizard and BM Co.

All my taste is in my tools.