Author Topic: Acomputer service tool kit  (Read 1702 times)

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
Acomputer service tool kit
« on: April 10, 2012, 05:44:14 AM »
I have discovered the greatest computer service kit   a hammer and a credit card  bob w
in case you did not figure out I am having fits with my computer and its updates. it takes a week to get it operating after an update then you get another during the night and start all over.I say IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: Acomputer service tool kit
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 05:02:55 PM »
Whenever you do those updates you are inviting comp. malware/spyware into it. Get yourself a clean comp. dont get any anti-spyware Norton or any of that stuff, dont visit any websites that you would be a little embarrassed if someone walked in on you and you will notice you never have problems.

Has worked for me for years
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »
you do not have much choice on micro up dates they do it at night even when your computer is off. I RESTORED  BACK EVERY MORNING TO ANOTHER MONTHS DATE AND FINIALLY THE EARLIST DATE THAT I COULD GO BACK TO HAD THE UPDATE.AS FAR AS VIRUS THE ONLY ONE I EVER HAD WAS FROM A REAL GOOD FRIEND THROUGH E-MAIL AND THAT COST ME THE WHOLE COMPUTER
BOB W.
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 08:00:26 PM »
I don't update anything unless I'm having a problem and I do a fresh install of the OS about once a year.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 06:43:14 PM »
I don't update anything unless I'm having a problem and I do a fresh install of the OS about once a year.

There you go, smart man, thats the ticket
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 06:44:04 PM »
you do not have much choice on micro up dates they do it at night even when your computer is off. I RESTORED  BACK EVERY MORNING TO ANOTHER MONTHS DATE AND FINIALLY THE EARLIST DATE THAT I COULD GO BACK TO HAD THE UPDATE.AS FAR AS VIRUS THE ONLY ONE I EVER HAD WAS FROM A REAL GOOD FRIEND THROUGH E-MAIL AND THAT COST ME THE WHOLE COMPUTER
BOB W.
Never heard of micro updates but I believe it

Offline rusty

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 07:03:20 PM »

Sitting on the back of my bench is a nice ten pound sledge hammer with a 12" handle.

The lable on it reads:
"Printer Repair Tool"

It is waiting for the HP Laser jet in the office to piss me off one last time.....

Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline Branson

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 07:41:47 AM »

Sitting on the back of my bench is a nice ten pound sledge hammer with a 12" handle.

The lable on it reads:
"Printer Repair Tool"

It is waiting for the HP Laser jet in the office to piss me off one last time.....

Ah...  A proper tool for percussive maintenance.