Author Topic: "ONE OLD SOREHEAD & ONE NICE GUY" TOOL SALE  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
"ONE OLD SOREHEAD & ONE NICE GUY" TOOL SALE
« on: November 06, 2016, 09:14:06 PM »
"ONE OLD SOREHEAD & ONE NICE GUY" TOOL SALE; SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, NOV 12-13; Our 40th Tool Sale!
This is the big one, folks! Twenty years we've been doing this and 20 years you've been showing up. Sale will be nothing
less than spectacular! Sat 9:30a-6:00p, Sun 10:00a-6:00p. We look forward to seeing you at each and every one of our
events. Dowd's Vintage & Antique Tools, 1400 Williams Drive, Garland, Texas 75042 . dowdstools@tx.rr.com .

I am going this time! I have missed going to Lynn's sale the last few years and have the chance to go now. I agree with my wife that my driving is not as good as it used to be, so my 23 year old grandson will travel with me to share driving duty.

Lynn has graciously allowed me to put some wrenches on a table and sell if buyers are interested.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline turnnut

Re: "ONE OLD SOREHEAD & ONE NICE GUY" TOOL SALE
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 09:39:28 AM »
 Noel, was glad to hear that your grandson is going with you to the tool sale.  let him drive and enjoy the trip.

yesterday my son, my grandson and I went to a automobile swop meet in CT, my son drove and I did not complain,
 we are the 3 Franks, the 3rd, 4th and the 5th.

all I bought was another wood box with a socket set.    W & M Co.  amazingly with all the proper sockets,  my grandson
 who will be 28 next month commented on my dealing with the seller.  the box was market $45 on the cover that I did not
 see as it was open, I asked how much, he said $35.  I told him I would pass and he told me to make an offer, I offered him
 $15 then he came down to $20.   after a few minutes of back and forth, we settled on $17.50
 my grandson said he enjoyed watching me dicker.  I told him that at my age, I wasn't sure if I needed another set.

with closing, I wish you and your grandson a wonderful trip.   

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 11:00:53 AM »
Thank you. Grandson is not into tools unless they are virtual tools in computer language, but he will come along so I don't mess up driving. I imagine he will be on his laptop or game console while the tool sale goes on around him.

I talked to Tracy Dowd last night and she said she MIGHT be able to make me one of her famous Jalapeno Pies!

Offline Northwoods

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 11:09:17 AM »
Noel, was glad to hear that your grandson is going with you to the tool sale.  let him drive and enjoy the trip.

yesterday my son, my grandson and I went to a automobile swop meet in CT, my son drove and I did not complain,
 we are the 3 Franks, the 3rd, 4th and the 5th.

all I bought was another wood box with a socket set.    W & M Co.  amazingly with all the proper sockets,  my grandson
 who will be 28 next month commented on my dealing with the seller.  the box was market $45 on the cover that I did not
 see as it was open, I asked how much, he said $35.  I told him I would pass and he told me to make an offer, I offered him
 $15 then he came down to $20.   after a few minutes of back and forth, we settled on $17.50
 my grandson said he enjoyed watching me dicker.  I told him that at my age, I wasn't sure if I needed another set.

with closing, I wish you and your grandson a wonderful trip.   

Dickering is much of the fun. After watching me at it, Mrs. Northwood says she doesn't think I am a very nice person. But I always remember to thank the seller.
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 02:09:51 PM »
Packing up several totes of wrenches and misc. user tools, hoping to make a few $.
Not taking a bunch of collector wrenches, as I don't want to get in Lynn's way.
I have a bunch of H D Smith Perfect Handle screwdrivers in various conditions that I don't need. Leftovers and the wrenches I still have here should get on Ebay soon at "give away"  prices.

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 08:45:03 AM »
How was the Old Sorehead & Nice Guy Tool Sale?

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 09:08:56 AM »
As always, the sale on Saturday was well attended and we saw Lynn selling tons of stuff! Always a diverse crowd and plenty of tools to be had.
I was able to sell quite a bit from my table also.
We are getting some breakfast now and going back for the Sunday sale hoping to sell some more.
I met a bunch of new folks and passed out cards for Tool Talk so we may see some new members.
I did take plenty of pictures that I will show later.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 09:19:17 AM by Papaw »