Author Topic: Hello from Western NY  (Read 1627 times)

Offline rjtack

Hello from Western NY
« on: September 25, 2015, 09:24:22 AM »
Hi, I live in the Finger Lakes region of NYS. I've been wrenching all my life thanks to my dad. He was a self taught mechanic who owned and operated a service station from 1957 to 1963. After that he worked as a machine mechanic for a major copier company. Anyway, I learned from a young age to use a care for tools. In the last 30 years I have done frame off, ground up resto's on a 1956 Chevy, a 1985 Jeep CJ7, and a 1981 Camaro. The last two were for each of my two sons. We had a great time during these projects and it allowed me to pass on the knowledge that my dad passed to me.
I'm interested mostly in older hand tools, not so much the truck brands, but the ones the rest of us can afford. And obviously anything car related. Since pics are always appreciated, I've included a before and after of the Camaro. More to come as I locate them!

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
Re: Hello from Western NY
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 05:53:32 PM »
Welcome to Tool Talk!  Nice job on the Camaro.  You might want to check out the Garage Gazette also.  Lot of "gearheads" over there too.  They use the same forum set up as this one.  Makes it easy.

Mike

Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline amecks

Re: Hello from Western NY
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 07:03:15 AM »
Welcome from the other side of the Finger Lakes Region!
Al in Jordan, NY
Al
Jordan, NY