Author Topic: My dog costs more then I do.  (Read 2820 times)

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
My dog costs more then I do.
« on: November 17, 2011, 03:27:19 PM »
Just took Bean to the vet.  (half lab, half Great Dane)....... the bill? 350 DOLLARS.... CRAP! I knew their was a reason I only have one dog.... would love to have ten! OK, that's a bit much... three would be good.
cheers, bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: My dog costs more then I do.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 05:49:10 PM »
That reminds me- how did your Craigslist sales do? One of them would help pay the vet bill.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 06:08:12 PM »
Heck three fifty thats nothing. I have a cousin who spent almost 1200 on a surgery for there dog. They are extreme animal lovers. I may have more moeny then some but Idk if I could dish out twelve hundred bucks.

We just had to put our dog down a few weeks ago that alone cost 125 just for a little shot.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 08:06:59 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. That must have been hard.
     350.00 may not seem like much to you. But, that's about 8 percent of all the money I have to my name. So, it's A LOT in my small world. Hope all's well.
cheers, bird

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 08:24:08 PM »
That reminds me- how did your Craigslist sales do? One of them would help pay the vet bill.

The craiglist deal sucked. After being so excited, the so called "person" wrote back with some bullshit about another country. I wrote them back and said, "surprise, you've now been reported to the joint computer task federal program."
Man, that made me mad. I could have really used the money. I haven't had anyone else contact me about the tools. ... which is odd, normally I have SOME people call.  I don't know what to do now. I HAVE to sell something.  I guess I should try to sell things on ebay??  I don't know how to do that.
       As of two hours ago, my vet bill is the least of my worries.
       I went to pick up one of my normal prescriptions from my normal Kroger pharmacy----  they told me the drug company arbitrarily decided they would no longer pay for this particular drug,  which they have always paid for previous to this date. The drug costs 25 dollars per pill out-of-pocket.  I have to take two per day.  ... that's fifty bucks a day...  18,250 dollars per year....  I can't remember the last time I've made that much money in a year.  So, guess I'm out of luck on that one. I just can't believe it.
      I've spent an absurd amount of time dealing with health insurance companies---  probably will attribute to my having a shorter life span!!  I'm almost positive that any health insurance company has to send you a notice in the mail 60 days prior to when they will stop covering a medication.  I'm probably right. (I'm NOT suffering from being a narcissist)  The problem is, as long as I've been fighting this battle, there's no amount of money that could buy me a lawyer who would tackle a health insurance company. Of course, without anyone to enforce a law, the law isn't a law... just some words on a piece of paper.
      So, I guess I'm left with a piece of paper.... maybe it can be used to start a fire in someone's wood stove. I'm screwed. That's all there is to it.
I guess I'll accept, move on, and hope that I don't have a complete mental breakdown.  Sometimes, life just ain't fair.... but, we all know that already.
cheers, bird

Offline kxxr

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 02:40:18 PM »
Most companies that manufacture medications have programs for assistance to those who need their product but can't afford to pay. You may want to go to the web site of the manufacturer of the medication you need and see if they have an application for assistance. Also, your county health department may be able to help you in some way. Contact them to see if they are aware of any assistance programs you may qualify for. As you probably already know, it is NOT a good idea to stop taking medications. Some can be downright dangerous to stop abruptly.

Offline ray

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 05:03:02 PM »
I was going to give a sob story about spending $700 on a cat, only to have it go play in traffic.
But that is nothing compared to your problems.

Ray