Author Topic: Miter Master marking gauge  (Read 2154 times)

Offline john k

• Contributor
Miter Master marking gauge
« on: February 04, 2013, 07:15:26 PM »
In the things I bought this weekend is this metal Miter-Master, made in Minneapolis Mn.  pat. pending.   What is novel to me, is it was a long ago give away, or customer premium for the MoorMans livestock feed company.   I worked for them a number of years.   The base has screw holes, so is to be mounted to a board?   I am guessing to set angle of rafters?   Incorporated into it are two more tools.  a dowel and drill diameter gauge, the tapered slot.   There is also a marking gauge function, (Insert point into hole)  marked from one inch down to 1/8 inch.  Back in the days when companies gave away things as incentives.    Going on the wall above my woodworking table. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:37:25 PM by john k »
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
Re: Miter Master marking gauge
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:36:51 PM »
 Nice find . I like it. Freebies is mighty scarce these days and if you get one it probably doesn't work.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:29:44 PM »
Interesting side cutters in the photo too.

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 09:15:18 PM »
I forgot to snap a pic of those by theirselves.   The name on the handles is(Bernard), when I google it, all kinds of interesting pliers come up.  These  double jointed things are interesting, almost have a medical feel to them.  Overall the length is exactly 12 inches.  There is a spring in the grips, which are hollow.   Small brazed repair at the first joint.    The cutter end looks stainless steel, but a magnet will stick, so its not real high quality stainless.  The grips look like nickel plating.   Anyone have an idea on usage?  Why the double jointed long look?
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 09:38:19 PM »
 The Bernards are a pair of NO.195 nippers.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench