Author Topic: Vereinigte Beckersche Werkzeugfabriken (VBW German Socket Set)  (Read 781 times)

Offline coolford

• Old as dirt
I bought this set out of the UK, thus it explains the sockets it contains.  No metrics, but Whitworth, British Standard Face and Across Face.  All the Whitworth-BSF sockets were present, was only missing two sockets and they were AF which is the same as SAE.  I replaced them with Indestro sockets which are close in appearance.  Not likely I would ever come across the missing sockets.  As you can see, everything was in good condition, except the outside of the box which I repainted.  In case you are not familiar with the  differences in sizes, a 3/4" Whitworth = 1 1/2" SAE and a 7/8" BSF = the same 1 1/2" SAE, in fact they are the same socket.  Oh well, go figure.

Offline Yadda

Re: Vereinigte Beckersche Werkzeugfabriken (VBW German Socket Set)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 07:20:39 PM »
I bought this set out of the UK, thus it explains the sockets it contains.  No metrics, but Whitworth, British Standard Face and Across Face.  All the Whitworth-BSF sockets were present, was only missing two sockets and they were AF which is the same as SAE.  I replaced them with Indestro sockets which are close in appearance.  Not likely I would ever come across the missing sockets.  As you can see, everything was in good condition, except the outside of the box which I repainted.  In case you are not familiar with the  differences in sizes, a 3/4" Whitworth = 1 1/2" SAE and a 7/8" BSF = the same 1 1/2" SAE, in fact they are the same socket.  Oh well, go figure.

Nice set! I do like VBW powergrip pliers.
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....