Author Topic: Screw drivers  (Read 3184 times)

Offline Digr

Screw drivers
« on: August 27, 2013, 10:29:13 PM »
My son is looking for S&K screw drivers with the green and white handles if anyone has any to part with

Ted

Offline bonneyman

Re: Screw drivers
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:46:52 PM »
Handles like these? Date from the 80's, before FACOM bought out SK in 1985.
It took me some years to find the few I have. I'm not selling, but posted the pic might help your search. They are quite popular for their handles.
Ratchet Guru

Offline lbgradwell

• Oakville, ON
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 12:10:50 AM »
Handles like these? Date from the 80's.

Those must date to at least 1970, no?

Kijiji King

Offline oldtoolman

• oldtoolman.com
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 02:27:07 AM »
I have some on my website  oldtoolman.com     Larry
Larry Randall
larry@oldtoolman.com

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »
Handles like these? Date from the 80's.

Those must date to at least 1970, no?

I bought my set in 1980 I think, so, they could be a 70's design.
The stubby Phillips above is the sole survivor of that set that I still have. The standard stubby I got last year.
Ratchet Guru

Offline crankshaftdan II

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 08:05:45 PM »
I have about a dozen in my stash-maybe more??  Will try to get a descent picture of them.  LMK if any interest-I like to trade for USA made ratchets if at all possible!  Will also sell outright.  PM me back if interested...........Cranky
E-mail address  dhdslimbow@yahoo.com
Looking for USA made ratchets-all sizes-drives and lengths  also S-K SuperKrome wrenches ditto.  Like to trade vs buy run it past me-nothing is cut in stone!

Offline crankshaftdan II

Re: Screw drivers picture #2
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 08:36:42 PM »
here is a revised picture for Digr
Looking for USA made ratchets-all sizes-drives and lengths  also S-K SuperKrome wrenches ditto.  Like to trade vs buy run it past me-nothing is cut in stone!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »
Dang, Dan, you have a nice set of those going!
Ratchet Guru

Offline lauver

• Belton, TX
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 12:59:29 PM »
Gang,

If you look at cranky's photo above you will note one green handle without the white stripe... I believe that is an SK-Wayne, ca. 1962-1968; this would be the beginning of the SK green handles.

The later green and white SK handles are Dresser era ca. 1968-1984/1985, picking up up where SK-Wayne left off and ending in 1985 when the Facom era began and changing to the modern 4-sided solid green handle.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 08:44:49 AM by lauver »
Member of PHARTS - Pefect Handle Admiration, Restoration, and Torturing Society

Offline crankshaftdan II

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 03:53:20 PM »
Gang,

If you look at cranky's photo above you will note one green handle without the white stripe... I believe that is an SK-Wayne, ca. 1962-1968; this would be the beginning of the SK green handles.

The later green and white SK handles are IR era ca. 1968-1984/1985, picking up up where SK-Wayne left off and ending in 1985 when the Facom era began and changing to the modern 4-sided solid green handle.

Gary:
Thanks for the plug!  I also have a stubby in picture 1 of the four sided Facom scdr era--I'm trying to catch up to the new round handles & present ones also!!

Offline crankshaftdan II

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 02:21:41 PM »
Gang,

The later green and white SK handles are IR era ca. 1968-1984/1985, picking up up where SK-Wayne left off and ending in 1985 when the Facom era began and changing to the modern 4-sided solid green handle.

Gary:
Actually the second one from the bottom in the picture is a white/green handle-my oops as I forgot to turn it over before taking the picture!