Wrench Forum > Wrench Forum

King Dick automotive or motorcycle tool roll

(1/3) > >>

moparthug:
Just picked up this old tool roll full of King Dick wrenches and such. The roll seems to be oiled burlap with a leather strap, due to it's age it's... um, shedding bits of dinosaur every time I unroll it. 2 open end wrenches, 3 nut drivers with T-bar, and a tire iron all marked King Dick. There are a couple empty slots in the tool roll, I'm guessing for an adjustable wrench and a screwdriver?

Does anyone have a set like this, or can point me in the right direction to figure out it's age and what vehicle it may have come with? English tools are a mystery to me, like why after the size it says A/F. As an American I know what AF means, but I doubt that's what the Brits meant.  :smiley:  My more modern English tools have Whitworth stampings... what does A/F stand for?

Jim C.:
A/F might mean Across the Flats in England too. 

Jim C.

amecks:
I have a lot of exprience with British motorcycles and yes, A/F means "across the flats" over the pond. 

Jim,  what is the story behind the tool kit photo you posted?  Looks a lot like moparthug's kit.

Jim C.:
Hey Al,

That tool kit is what would have been included from the factory if you had purchased a brand new 1955 MG.  The tools are the real deal in terms of originality.  Also included but not shown was a jack with a collapsing handle/crank, a small grease gun, a brake line bleeder kit, a tire iron and an engine crank wrench.  The burlap tool role is a faithful reproduction of the original.  The only tool I’m missing is the middle size tube spanner.

Jim C.

amecks:
that's amazing Jim.  Would it be possible to list any markings on the tools?  I imagine they are not all King Dick brand.  Is that a 7" adjustable?  I have one, maybe two, marked Made In England.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version