Author Topic: A new pivot bolt for an old Hercules  (Read 5543 times)

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
Re: A new pivot bolt for an old Hercules
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 04:10:31 PM »
I got my bolt and nut several days ago for my Herkules multi-tool.  The ones like Bob is holding in his hand.  As good as these look in the picture, they are even better when you see them.  His work is perfection!!  I had to make no adjustments to anything, they just fit.

Plus they are made of stainless so no worries about corrosion down the road.  My tool is quite dark and I was originally going to darken the nut and bolt to try and get a closer color match, but they look so good in their present polished finish that I'm going to leave them as they are.  Actually the contrast is nice, and it will be a reminder of his generosity.  There aren't many people who would do this for someone they don't even know.

Thanks Bob,

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline Plyerman

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Northern Michigan
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 08:58:41 AM »
Cheers fellas, glad they arrived safely and fit like they are supposed to! Probably like most of us here, it bugs me to see a fine old tool that is missing a piece, and it makes me feel good when we can restore that tool back to proper condition.

I'll make up a few more of both types and send them off to Papaw in case any more are needed in the future.
My friends call me Bob. My wife calls me a lot worse.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 10:22:19 AM »
When the extra sets arrive, I will offer them to Tool Talk members desiring a set or two, but only with the proviso that buyers don't try to pass them off as original!
If you have an Auto Kit set missing the pin and nut, this is a way to keep it together as intended until you can find an original set.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 10:31:02 AM »
Well done, Bob.  Your machinist skills are evident. Your kindness more so.

Regards,

Larry

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 11:45:24 AM »
I have the pin sets in hand. Anyone want one or two? Trying to gauge interest here, and from responses, I will offer them in the For Sale section.
I will offer them to Tool Talk members desiring a set or two, but only with the proviso that buyers don't try to pass them off as original!
If you have an Auto Kit set missing the pin and nut, this is a way to keep it together as intended until you can find an original set.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Branson

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 07:23:35 AM »
I'll take one!  Exactly to keep what I have together as I try to fill out the set.