Author Topic: Baxter wrenches  (Read 901 times)

Offline coolford

• Old as dirt
Baxter wrenches
« on: January 14, 2022, 03:29:16 PM »
I had these wrenches out today to check them for rust.  I collected them about 25 years ago and quit when I filled my box.  I know I'm missing a few, but have moved on to others things like hay trolleys.

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
Re: Baxter wrenches
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 06:30:45 PM »
Nice group of Baxter's! Hay carriers, another slippery slope plus they cost more, they are bigger and heavier. Good luck collecting them.

Offline wrenchguy

• I like odd old stuff, especially mechanical.
    • Wrenchguys videos
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 09:19:21 PM »
Carriers are high around here because of the "decoration" market.  Used 2b cheap as sin.  25 years ago i 25 of "em.

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 02:40:40 PM »
...but have moved on to others things like hay trolleys, because I had too much extra space around my property.
Fixed it for you  :grin:

Those are interesting wrenches.  It's interesting how many different ideas for tools have tested the market over the years.

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 09:31:17 PM »
They made a 15 inch version that is apparently quite rare. I showed one to Don Ervin and he said he had never seen one before.  I think it was the one with the angled screw like the ones in the right side of Charles’ box.
I also wasn’t aware they made a 4 inch size until I saw a couple at the flea market last Monday.

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline mvwcnews

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 11:07:37 PM »
I ran across a very early (1876) catalog listing for BAXTER "S" that listed sizes from 6" through 21" -- so if you are looking for the full range, don't overlook the big guys.