Author Topic: Sirs: a little Model T info please?  (Read 5483 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: Sirs: a little Model T info please?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 08:35:03 PM »
Both the Ford scripts or just the USA marked one?    I really prefer the plainer one with the Ford to be the older but I would like to get this as correct as possible.

Speed and deadlines really don't matter on this as much as getting the right aged tools.
  I will probably have a local make the pouch for me out of naugahide with a kevlar liner.  My Ebuying powers are very limited so local is the preferred route to aquire things.

Maybe I am un-clear but just to clarify I was referring to the Dodge wrench
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline keykeeper

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 08:38:27 PM »
If you want your Model T set to be correct, then go with the info on the website I posted. I highly doubt they would post anything without research into it.

There really weren't that many wrenches that went into that toolkit, anyway. Should be easy to find.
-Aaron C.

My vintage tool Want list:
Wards Master Quality 1/2" drive sockets (Need size 5/8), long extension, & speeder handle.
-Vlchek WB* series double box wrenches.
-Hinsdale double-box end round shank wrenches.

Offline strik9

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 08:57:34 PM »
Keykeeper, now that the weekend is here I have a chance.  Weekday life gets in the way of internet surfing a bit.

1930, thanks for the info.   The other Q wrench is SAE marked with no D.B. in the number so it is clearly later.  Although it is of the same design and form.
The only bad tool is the one that couldn't finish the job.  Ironicly it may be the best tool for the next job.