Author Topic: vlchek star wrench set  (Read 1124 times)

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
vlchek star wrench set
« on: November 04, 2015, 09:04:18 AM »
 A friend gave me this wrench set Monday. It is a Star wrench set by Vlchek and alloy has a nice write up on it. It consists of 5( S) wrenchs in a spring wire retainer. It cites patent 1808190 on bottom of retainer which was for a different (Formed metal retainer) for six open end wrenchs. Alloy says the retainers don't look alike (a understatement) but that the patent was broadly written to gain much wiggle room.The wire retainer is not very positive but prior owner added some baling wire and kept them together for some 80+ years. They are now safe in my basement for the next ? years.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline mvwcnews

Re: vlchek star wrench set
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 10:25:44 AM »
Vlchek had two wrench set holder patents in the early 1930s  (#1,808,190  and #1,877,466 ). Both patents & photos of related wrench sets appeared on pg. 19 of the March 2014 MVWC Newsletter.  Since the patents are separated by less than a year, it suggests that VLCHEK was producing sets using both holders at the same time.

Offline krusty the clown

Re: vlchek star wrench set
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 09:49:29 PM »
I have the same set. It was just to cool to pass up since it stayed together for so many years. Nice find!