Author Topic: auction 7/6/11  (Read 1727 times)

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
auction 7/6/11
« on: July 07, 2011, 06:54:59 AM »
went to a auction last night thought i found an oddity a enclosed frame millers falls no 77 hand drill.a little research this morning changed my mind apparently they made the 77 with a enclosed frame in the mid 60s. oh well a single is as good as a home run when you are figuring averages.Also picked up a exacto knife set with a small plane and really small spoke shave in a wood box that has to be 30 yrs old because Joe loved Ellen so much he carved it in the lid of the box in 19 80 they also had a hay knife that went for 65 dollars i went as far as 30 to match the one hanging in my living room . some other people wanted it more than I did. bob w.
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: auction 7/6/11
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:02:16 AM »
I have one of those Exacto sets. My mother bought it years ago and used it plenty. I use it when I need a very small draw knife. The little plane doesn't work so well.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
Re: auction 7/6/11
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 12:37:19 AM »
I have one of those excato planes, too. I have to admit, it's pretty "cute!" I don't think I've ever used it, I have other planes that I use when I need a plane that small. It's surprising how often a tiny plane comes in handy!
cheers,
bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"