Author Topic: What the hell are these things  (Read 18529 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: What the hell are these things
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 03:26:12 PM »
The two deals on the right are I am guessing impact gun heads? Ive had alot of guns but never broken a head to the point of no use so not sure why he would have these spares ( assuming my guess is right )

Lower left and upper left I have no clue

Lower left has a removable pin from the center

I can post more/better pictures if need be
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 03:31:50 PM »
No clue on this one, upper half slides against the lower half
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline turnnut

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 03:45:58 PM »
on the 5 threaded studs,  I do not know what size they are, but I have a couple sets
that look sort of like yours.

mine screws into the side post batteries to attach my battery charger clamps to.
each set has two sizes to represent positive & negative.

are the threads on yours the size of a side post screw ?

Frank

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 03:57:38 PM »
on the 5 threaded studs,  I do not know what size they are, but I have a couple sets
that look sort of like yours.

mine screws into the side post batteries to attach my battery charger clamps to.
each set has two sizes to represent positive & negative.

are the threads on yours the size of a side post screw ?

Frank
I found some more, now I have 3 different sizes, they are heavy/bulky items but they are all the same thread size/pitch. Largest head dim measures 1 inch and the smallest 5/8

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 04:00:18 PM »
Im guessing that these bits all fit some sort of socket just like the bit on the farthest right fit into that particular Mac socket.

I have a few of the ones that I show farthest right and they all have the same end that goes down into the socket where as the row farthest left have just a little notch cut out of the bottoms and the two in the middle have nothing more than a dimple in the end.

But again I am assuming they are all the same tools?

Does that sound right?

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 04:17:13 PM »
Apparently one wasnt enough for this guy, all 3 marked Mac SC 105 Google and E-bay are not helping identify. 3/8 drive and impact sockets of some sort?

Offline rusty

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 04:22:29 PM »
Last 3 are like the sockets for removing the float valve from a carburator, it goes in the slotted ring, but these look bigger, so for something with the same setup but bigger...

Edit float valve/valve seat, bigger ones may fit the long needle valve seat on updraft...?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:24:00 PM by rusty »
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2014, 04:33:38 PM »
Last 3 are like the sockets for removing the float valve from a carburator, it goes in the slotted ring, but these look bigger, so for something with the same setup but bigger...

Edit float valve/valve seat, bigger ones may fit the long needle valve seat on updraft...?

These look like impact sockets, about 2 inches long and maybe 3/4 across, does that still qualify?

Maybe this will help

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:42:20 PM by 1930 »

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2014, 04:35:18 PM »
No clue on this one, upper half slides against the lower half

That's to hold a bolt or nut, usually to put it in hard place where your hand won't fit
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2014, 04:44:03 PM »
Heres another, cant remember but seen it here before

Offline mvwcnews

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2014, 05:17:08 PM »

Fireman's tool -- hook spanner for "outside lug" type fire hose connectors - rectangular slot may fit gas service  shutoff valve, and tapered end would punch through window glass, and also work as a pry.  Resting on a couple of head gaskets for ???

Offline rusty

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2014, 05:30:01 PM »
>These look like impact sockets, about 2 inches long and maybe 3/4 across, does that still qualify?

And with one way tapered teeth, very weird, no , not what I was thinking of. Some sort of sensor tool? Very strange....

Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2014, 05:52:12 PM »

Fireman's tool -- hook spanner for "outside lug" type fire hose connectors - rectangular slot may fit gas service  shutoff valve, and tapered end would punch through window glass, and also work as a pry.  Resting on a couple of head gaskets for ???
You want it? Let me know, no charge just cover the sending.

Head Gasket = early slanty

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2014, 05:52:40 PM »
>These look like impact sockets, about 2 inches long and maybe 3/4 across, does that still qualify?

And with one way tapered teeth, very weird, no , not what I was thinking of. Some sort of sensor tool? Very strange....
You better get crackin :)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2014, 06:11:59 PM »
The guy has alot of these things, this one is marked Mac E6. Doing a search on-line is no help.

They all have that end that looks like as if it was twisted off.

I'd say that is an extractor.
You are correct, I found a few Proto 9525 and google told me screw extractor, so I added screw extractor to the Mac E-6 and I found the same tools as screw extractors. This guy must have broken alot of screws, I do not believe the ends were twisted when new.

Thanks