Author Topic: Vsited Syracuse ReStore  (Read 469 times)

Offline amecks

Vsited Syracuse ReStore
« on: October 16, 2022, 08:40:53 AM »
Friday I took a small amount of metal to the metal recycler and left with $20.  Went straight to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.  I picked out these three items, which rung up for wopping $1.62 with tax. 

Snap-On scredriver, Auto-Lite spark plug gage with a magnifier lens in the center(!), and a Williams 1/4 drive/extension (has a 1/4 female plug in the plastic handle).  The last two items I need at work.
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline Yadda

Re: Vsited Syracuse ReStore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 07:28:56 AM »
Money well spent!
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 11:50:25 AM »
I find my way to the Habitat Restore about weekly.   Our home remodeling is slowing down, but did find a outdoor lamp for the garage,  got an all weather outlet box for the yard lamp pole.  Usually an interesting tool selection, wrenches, sockets, and screwdrivers.   Often come home with 3-4 things, but it has to be rare.   Ladyfriend loves Klien tools, Vaco, and EXcelite.  I find an odd MAC, Proto, or Barcalo.   Or anything rare, unusual, or just out of the ordinary, the get home and Google the  name very often getting surprised, learning a piece of history.   Last purchase was a no name, 1/2 flex head  bar, with the end of the handle a male half inch, turning it into a 20 inch extension.  Love to find interesting stuff.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline d42jeep

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 06:54:45 PM »
Al,
The Auto-lite spark plug gapper is correct for a WW2 GMTK toolset. The ones that aren’t chrome plated are kind of hard to find intact with all the loops and the magnifier in place. Good find!
-Don
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 07:16:24 PM by d42jeep »
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society
CONTRIBUTOR

Offline amecks

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 05:07:07 AM »
John, I have one of those breaker bar/extension tools.  It is marked Duro-Chrome.  Selling it on ebay with an Indestro ratchet 1/2 female drive.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/115122462993
Don,  The WWII vintage is pretty cool!  I am using it at work where my small 4 drawer toolbox is a WWII armorer's chest, so it may feel at home there.  The magnifier glass, though scratched, is very effective, fairly strong.  It has already come in handy.
Thanks
Al
Al
Jordan, NY