Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 2237 times)

Offline rustyfordgarage

New to the forum
« on: February 27, 2017, 10:35:38 PM »
   So my name is Adam and I guess I have been collecting old tools for a few years now.  I spent too many years buying new stuff and got tired of the prices going up and the quality down.   After cleaning up a pair or two of diamalloy fence pliers that I found with the disc or cultivator and realizing they worked better than anything I could buy currently, I was hooked.  I guess fencing tools are at the top of the list of things I have a hard time passing up for that reason.  Most other kinds of pliers and saw sets are a close second.  I am also finding myself getting in to machining and all the variety of measuring tools that go with it.   

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 05:32:49 AM »
Yes it is a slippery slope, welcome aboard. Don't forget we love to see pictures of your finds and favorites.

Offline turnnut

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:05:53 AM »
 welcome to tool talk.

yes, it takes some of us time to admit or realize that we are official collectors.

I hope that you enjoy this site.

Offline rustyfordgarage

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 10:17:51 AM »
  Here are the tools I happened to have handy to photograph.  The smaller group of saw sets is what had accumulated previously.  The larger group with the filing tools I got a very good deal on at a tool collectors estate sale.  Everyone else was quite a bit more interested in his extensive collection of hand planes.  I believe it was the Verne Vollrath estate

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 10:26:42 AM »
Hi, and a warm welcome from Florida. You may already be aware of the site for saw set collectors, but if not I posted the link below. I've found it quite helpful.

http://members.acmenet.net/~con12a/

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline rustyfordgarage

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 10:29:38 AM »
I have spent a fair amount of time looking on there.  Thanks

Offline Plyerman

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Northern Michigan
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 11:27:50 AM »
Greetings Adam. In my neverending quest for strange old pliers, I'm regularly amazed at the variety of old saw sets I run into.
My friends call me Bob. My wife calls me a lot worse.