Author Topic: Hilary Klein Miniatures For Sale  (Read 2412 times)

Offline steveh

Hilary Klein Miniatures For Sale
« on: June 18, 2012, 02:39:49 PM »
We have 15 Hilary Klein miniature wrenches for sale. All in excellent condition with original boxes. For information and pictures you can email me at:
stevekg95@cableone.net

Just got a note from the administrator wanting pictures, shipping, prices, etc. All but one of the wrenches are priced at $725 each. The Scripture is priced at $950. These prices include priority mail, tracking and insurance. The picture files are too big for this system but I've managed to produce 4 very small size pdf's. We believe the labels on the wrenches are correct...but it's up to you, the collector, to know what each is. For sharper pictures, email me. Thanks for your interest!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:06:52 PM by steveh »

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: Hilary Klein Miniatures For Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 04:00:50 PM »
Welcome to Tool Talk.
Please read the guidelines for selling on Tool Talk, and modify your post with pictures, shipping,  and payment options.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 08:06:14 PM »
The PDFs work nicely. If you are OK with it, I can drag the photos out and reproduce them here for you.

Meanwhile, find the Introduction Forum and tell us a bit about yourself and your tool interests.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:13:06 PM by Papaw »
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline johnsironsanctuary

• Contributor
  • Super Contributor and Geezer in training
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 09:27:31 AM »
After mousing through a Google Search, I find a number of Hilary Klein miniatures for sale, but no background.  Can someone please post or link some more info on this fabulous miniaturist?
Top monkey of the monkey wrench clan

Offline rusty

Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 03:48:43 PM »
Yep, that be me, I don't know it all about Hilary Klein but I do know a few things about his miniatures. Also look under the 6 and under listings for the pictures I posted of my collection.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 05:12:05 PM »
Gotta ask, are these intended for the rich and famous or is the price being asked just waay out of line, while I can appreciate the time spent and craftsmanship I just dont see the that kind of money. Looking on E-bay I see a couple for sale, might be same guy, price is just a little less.
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 08:17:47 PM »
Originally they probably sold in the $200 - $400 range. Lately there has been a lot of interest in them. Donnelly has sold quite a few in the last year to 18 months and those sales have ranged from around $600 to over $1,400 depending on the style wrench. The ones that are on ebay are being offered by Jim Bode. The guy that posted on here is a relative of a long time wrench collector that belonged to MVWC. The gentleman died several years ago and most of his collection was sold at MVWC auctions. These HK wrenches are the end of the collection that they are trying to sell. They will probably show up at a MVWC auction in the near future.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 05:40:37 PM »
Thanks for the info, I wonder if the gentleman that crafted these would have ever guessed they would become so popular
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.