Author Topic: In search of S-K lectrolite  (Read 11811 times)

Offline JUNK-MAN

In search of S-K lectrolite
« on: November 22, 2015, 05:49:28 PM »
I recently got an S-K Lectrolite socket box, it has greyish gold wrinkle paint and a sticker in the lid that has an S-K diamond with a second diamond with Lectrolite in it I had none of the original sockets or tools in it and I believe it was 1/2 do the length around (17 1/2") and I think it included 3/8 because it has a large socket tray with a smaller one witch only fits 3/8 sockets. I would be a interested in any sockets that would go with that set and the drive tools for the kit if anyone will sell them for cheap, if you do contact me and feel free to post pics of your complete Lectrolite sets so I know what to look for. Sorry no pictures, Thanks

Offline skipskip

• Contributor
  • Glenmont NY USA
Re: In search of S-K lectrolite
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 01:00:10 AM »
I bet we would all love to see  pics of lectrolite sets.

I have some raised panel combo wrenches and a couple pair of pliers but a complete socket? Oh my!!

Skip
A place for everything and everything on the floor

Offline Twertsy

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 04:23:45 AM »
Never seen nor heard of S-k / Lectrolite sockets, ratchets or drive tools.  Now I have to do some research.  You should really post a pic of that box.................

Looks like they had a full line.  This from March, 1961 Popular Mechanics.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:30:32 AM by Twertsy »

Offline JUNK-MAN

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 08:48:18 AM »
Here's my box 17 1/2" long, 5" deep, and 2" tall(when closed).

Offline bill300d

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 12:19:03 PM »
Early on S-K only made sockets and partnered with Lectrolite to also offer wrenches. At some point (sk-wayne era if you by some estimates) S-k and Lectrolite became one.
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.

Offline bill300d

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 12:34:54 PM »
Here's an example of Lectrolite and SK-Lectrolite and we all know what an SK wrench looks like
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.

Offline krusty the clown

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 01:07:42 PM »
Early on S-K only made sockets and partnered with Lectrolite to also offer wrenches. At some point (sk-wayne era if you by some estimates) S-k and Lectrolite became one.
todd just posted some info this morning, it appers that S*K and Lectrolite remained separate companies right up until Symington-Wayne bought them both.

Offline bill300d

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 01:28:53 PM »
Thanks krusty
    I just happened to see it a little bit after posting above. I'm pretty sure they were doing business together prior, just don't know how long.

Offline bunger

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 01:33:52 PM »
I run across a lot of SK, SK-Wayne & SK-lectrolite wrenches and a lot of SK, SK-Wayne socket tools in my flea market adventures.
I have NEVER seen any SK-lectrolite sockets, rachets or extensions.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 06:04:32 AM by bunger »
Milk crate suckage winner for February 2012

Member of PHARTS -  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline krusty the clown

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 03:56:56 PM »
I run across a lot of SK, SK-Wayne & SK lectrolite wrenches in my flea market adventures.
I have NEVER seen ANY SK lectrolite sockets, rachets or extensions.
yep, sk made the socket tools and lectrolite made the wrenches.

Offline skipskip

• Contributor
  • Glenmont NY USA
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 10:59:44 PM »
In my Lectrolite drawer I found a heap of wrenches and some pliers.

one set of water pump pliers is marked Tru-Fit  one of Lecrolite's brands

All the rest are marked Lectrolite, including the adjustables.

ANOV 268 by Skip Albright, on Flickr

ANOV 269 by Skip Albright, on Flickr

ANOV 272 by Skip Albright, on Flickr
A place for everything and everything on the floor

Offline bunger

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 06:08:06 AM »
I run across a lot of SK, SK-Wayne & SK lectrolite wrenches in my flea market adventures.

Ok, I'm just saying that I have never seen any socket tools marked SK-Lectrolite.

So, in these sets the socket tools were marked SK and the wrenches marked Lectrolite (or SK-Lectrolite) ?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 06:12:48 AM by bunger »
Milk crate suckage winner for February 2012

Member of PHARTS -  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline krusty the clown

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 06:53:04 AM »

Ok, I'm just saying that I have never seen any socket tools marked SK-Lectrolite.

So, in these sets the socket tools were marked SK and the wrenches marked Lectrolite (or SK-Lectrolite) ?
yep, never seen a socket or drive tool with lectrolite either. I believe the OP's box is labled SK-lectrolite because at some point they (SK) were marketing the tools as SK-lectrolite indicating they were one company instead of two separate companies. but the tools themselves were still stamped as SK or lectrolite then later SK-lectrolite (then even later S-K).

Offline bill300d

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 07:19:35 AM »
I have NEVER seen ANY SK lectrolite sockets, ratchets or extensions.

yep, never seen a socket or drive tool with lectrolite either. I believe the OP's box is labled SK-lectrolite because at some point they (SK) were marketing the tools as SK-lectrolite indicating they were one company instead of two separate companies. but the tools themselves were still stamped as SK or lectrolite then later SK-lectrolite (then even later S-K).

Or two business doing some business together as some others had done, J H Williams/Husky as an example.

Offline JUNK-MAN

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 07:52:21 AM »
Figured I'd post this up found it today when looking for a screwdriver.
I got it about 6 months or so ago for $0.10