Author Topic: Assorted Gems Big and Small  (Read 1986 times)

Offline kxxr

Assorted Gems Big and Small
« on: February 08, 2013, 07:18:41 PM »
  A while back, member Frank was looking for a 7/16" Benchtop combination wrench. He was looking to replace one lost from his father's set. I had spotted a few of the vintage he was looking for and pm'd him to see if he had ever found one. He hasn't. I went back to where I had seen them and found several nice ones, even a couple metrics ... but no 7/16. Instead, I got all this stuff. Sorry Frank, I'll keep looking.
Herbrand 151-S pliers in just about new condition. Pretty handsome.

A not so minty Diamalloy H110 pliers; but they still are good for a few miles yet, I think. And, if I ever need a giant 17 inch screwdriver, I now have this nice Bridgeport USA model; and another shot of the 151-S.

And a few shots of a hand full of little ones. I think I have heard of Vim Tools, but this little wrench is my first one; nicely made it looks like. The others are a tiny Craftsman 13/64, a Wilde, a Vlchek 723 and a Herbrand quarter drive 6" extension.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:21:48 PM by kxxr »

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
Re: Assorted Gems Big and Small
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 07:26:01 PM »
The Herbrand pliers look like they have the Utica logo forged on the outside of the handles.  Nice haul!!

Mike

Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline rusty

Re: Assorted Gems Big and Small
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:10:18 PM »

Sounds like me when I go Christmass shopping, I go out for one thing for someone else and come back with 5 things for myself LOL

That is the first Vim wrench I have seen...interesting..
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.