Author Topic: Early RIDGID Pipe Wrench Diamond Marking  (Read 844 times)

Offline Danks

Early RIDGID Pipe Wrench Diamond Marking
« on: January 29, 2019, 11:17:41 PM »
I have an Early (i believe circa 1924 to 1925) 18" Ridgid Pipe Wrench which is marked "PAT. PEND'G (again, i assume it to be Patent No 1,552,091 of Sept. 1925) on the reverse side there is a Diamond logo with a C in it (see the attached photographs).  Has anyone any information on the diamond shaped logo, i have looked in Alloy Artifacts, but have drawn a blank. I am beginning to believe that it could possibly be a logo that could have been used on Ridgid wrenches that were manufactured by another contracted manufacturer like A.B. Jardine or Erie Tool Co. ( there is some evidence that both of these companies manufactured Pipe Wrenches for The Ridge Tool Company in the early years).
Cheers Danks.

Offline Yadda

Re: Early RIDGID Pipe Wrench Diamond Marking
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 12:34:25 AM »
I have an Early (i believe circa 1924 to 1925) 18" Ridgid Pipe Wrench which is marked "PAT. PEND'G (again, i assume it to be Patent No 1,552,091 of Sept. 1925) on the reverse side there is a Diamond logo with a C in it (see the attached photographs).  Has anyone any information on the diamond shaped logo, i have looked in Alloy Artifacts, but have drawn a blank. I am beginning to believe that it could possibly be a logo that could have been used on Ridgid wrenches that were manufactured by another contracted manufacturer like A.B. Jardine or Erie Tool Co. ( there is some evidence that both of these companies manufactured Pipe Wrenches for The Ridge Tool Company in the early years).
Cheers Danks.

Possibly made in Canada?
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....