Author Topic: farm wrenchs from jul 17 auction  (Read 2457 times)

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
farm wrenchs from jul 17 auction
« on: July 17, 2014, 11:20:46 PM »
 got these three at auction tonite. (E) wrench is champion mower and the Ford looking wrench is Owatonna tool I think (2334) on backside.
The third one puzzles me. Looks like the Sattley G83 shown in Rathbone Pg 413 except it doesn't have the open end wrench portion on socket end and this one looks like ?29 for part number. socket end is square 11/16. Anyone recognize the tee wrench ?
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline Bus

• Contributor
    • The Wrenchingnews
Re: farm wrenchs from jul 17 auction
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 11:51:29 PM »
Jim, I think the Tee wrench is R20. Rathbone lists a R20 as Burch Plow but the one he shows in Vol One is a doe-S wrench. So this one may or may not belong to Burch Plow.

Offline eddie hudson

• NYC
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 08:21:46 AM »
Could it be a K20 or K29?

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 09:57:26 AM »
 R20 looks like a good possibility. Under magnification the 20 looks pretty positive and the R looks probable. Also noticed a (TA) stamped on one of the open ends. Could be owners addition but doesn't really look like it.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 01:49:57 PM »
 This has nothing to do with prior wrenchs except they came from same auction. Many years ago I bought a Giller ignition wrench set that owner said had belonged to his father. It was missing 2 wrenchs but I figured I could find them somewhere. Last night bought junk wrench set that had 3 Giller wrenchs in it. Were they the missing ones ? who knows because I can't find the original set. Its in a leatherette pouch if you happen to stumble across it. Its not worth buying partial sets if you are as disorganized as I am.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench