Author Topic: my family farm  (Read 2456 times)

Offline leach

my family farm
« on: June 22, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »
up in N DAK. 3rd generation we have so much old stuff at the farm Pittman sickle mowers even the ones pulled by horses   old john deer tractors  balers swatters,ride on dump rakes , i had to take picture off my computer with phone to down size file it was to large to send other way  lol some might be a little blurry
my wife is siting on her john deer tractor that she likes hard to believe i was born there buildings are old and falling down
                                                                                                            enjoy
                                                                                                                           LEACH   
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 03:04:01 PM by leach »

Offline HeelSpur

• Contributor
Re: my family farm
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 01:57:03 PM »
I bet there's all kinds of treasures buried in that barn. North Dakota, isn't that where people wear flip flops year round :-)
RooK E

Offline leach

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 03:30:25 PM »
the hole farm is buried treasures we milked cows too, i still got  the 1940 cream separator all s/steel hand crank 
there's so much there is no way to bring it down to Tucson but it is fun to go through when i go back on vacation most of the real good stuff is stored and locked up in bins
and yes insulated flip flops lol lots of snow in that there country.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:40:47 PM by leach »

Online Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 03:59:57 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Can't blame you for moving though !
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 08:25:32 AM »
Wow that's amazing!

I can only imigane what it's like there. Who knows all the tools there.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 11:11:43 AM »
Wow.   Must have been a great working farm back when.  Glad you shared the pics.  So much there to save, and pass on.  Probably could frame two new homes with the lumber from that barn alone.   Like the old Chevy pickup, 1946?   First pic is of a pull type binder,  though I think its days are through.   Long ways from town?   That barn must of been built strong to survive a hundred winters in that country.  Thanks.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline leach

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 08:04:22 PM »
have 2 of them trucks they are GMC the first ones built for the military the first gmc built i believe my bro has them to restore and every one wants the wood from the barn.  we have been offered lots of money on that barn just for the weathered wood but can not find it in our hearts to sell lots of memories its one of the largest barns up there in that area. but one day it will fall to the ground.