Author Topic: Large Tool Auction Nov. 5  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Strongman79

Large Tool Auction Nov. 5
« on: October 14, 2011, 08:57:56 PM »
Hi there! I just wanted to give a heads up to others that I received a sale bill for the Bill Kuntz public tool auction on Nov 5th. Goodfield, Illinois area. Heres the link for the sale: http://www.topauctions24-7.com/upl/html_salebill/57968/8_57968.html
BTW, this is just a heads up. I dont have any connection with the family or auction service. Bout a 3 hour drive for me from my hometown so well see if I make it but looks like it would definitely be worth it!

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
Re: Large Tool Auction Nov. 5
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 07:54:31 AM »
Lets see I'll be in Ft Wayne that week, Ft Wayne to Peoria is about 280 miles, I'll have to think about that one.

Looks like an interesting auction. I see a few items I wouldn't mind having.

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 11:32:26 AM »
 Does look good. Only problem is it probably won't be cataloged and sometimes that makes it hard to know what you are bidding on. Don't know the auction co. and don't know if he has good ring men or not. Plan to be there and find out. Only a couple of hours away.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 06:34:08 PM »
Did anybody go to this auction? My travel plans got changed and I couldn't make it.

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 06:55:36 PM »
 Yes, just got back a couple hours ago. It were a hoot. Still had about 30 minutes to go when we left about 3:30. Counted 11 MVWC members I knew by sight (could have been more) Almost like a MVWC meeting. For a non cataloged sale it went well. They tried to call out markings and companies in most cases. I bought 48 wrenchs(wife asked me to count them. Hope that doesn't mean 48 pair of new shoes) Should not complain she sat thru 6 hours of auction that interested her not at all. Got acouple pieces of Buffum,a wizard and 45 other wrenchs. Had a few pieces of Berlyium but they sold above my cut off bid as did the Litchfield cutout (It brought $110 which isn't bad but not a steal)

PS: when wife asked location of rest room and helper said porta-potties outside her reply was "you are kidding"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 07:00:59 PM by jimwrench »
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 07:31:12 PM »
What was she expecting at a tool auction! An executive washroom?

Pictures are forthcoming I presume.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 09:39:12 PM »
Dan Gaier and Dick Lawton were there so I guess you had some competition.

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 10:20:37 PM »
 We do have indoor plumbing at some of our auction houses; this just wasn't one of them. Saw people from Iowa,Ohio,Wisconsin, and Illinois. Will snap a couple photos as time permits.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline kxxr

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 10:37:36 PM »
You mentioned berylium. Here is some bargain Berylco wrenches in Phoenix.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/tls/2665666079.html

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 03:58:11 PM »
 Heres a couple of photos from Kuntz auction. I am not a photoghapher. I apologize I could have had detailed pictures of each table but never thought of it. These are people pictures prior to sale. First shows Gil Irps previewing some of the offerings(not much IHC in sale).Gil is one of the most knowledgable on IHC wrenchs. Next shows Dan Gaier and an Illinois collector whose name I have forgotten(bad with names my apologys) discussing something about wrenchdom. Third pic is general shot prior to start. Several Mvwc members as well as most of the women in attendance are shown.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »
 Kxxr that is a bargain on Berlyium wrenchs if that box is all beryllium but I didn't see where it said they were.
 Oh yes that is Mrs jimwrench inthe light blue shawl saving me a place in the front row (photo 3)
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench