Author Topic: Tom's Bargain Stop on my day off  (Read 545 times)

Offline amecks

Tom's Bargain Stop on my day off
« on: March 11, 2021, 08:56:20 PM »
Had today off because I have to work Saturday, so I went out to Newark, NY.  Found these after digging thru two boxes of old wrenches. 

Left to right - An old looking flat wrench but very thick, with heads thicker than the shank, and appears to be marked in British Standard measure (3/8 and 7/16).  No other markings.
Next, I thought this was an Oliver tractor wrench, but it says "Driver" not Oliver - research on ebay shows it is a Walker Turner machine accessory from their "Drvier Line".  This one is  marked in Whitworth sizes (1/4 and 5/16).
The next wrench is an International Harvester marked IH in a circle depression (not IH in a C) with number 1325EA.  Looks like 7/16 and 1/2 inch.
The larger IH has the IH in a C logo and number 21264-D.  I think both openings are 13/16".  Maybe for spark plugs?
The McKaig-Hatch wrench is in nice condition with good plating. 
Wards Master Quality Groove Joint pliers 84-4661 "Licensed".  Looks like made by Diamond for Wards.  These are going into a tool kit for a Wards motorcycle (made for Wards by Benelli, Italy).  They are about 7" long.
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline Bill Houghton

Re: Tom's Bargain Stop on my day off
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 09:34:30 PM »
Nice finds.

I have the Channellock version of those pliers, purchased at some yard sale because (a) they were there, (b) they were clean, and (c) they were cheap.  I wasn't sure they'd be all that helpful; seemed like they'd be no better than a pair of slip joint pliers, of which I have a couple of pair.  But dang, they're useful!

Some neat looking wrenches there.