Author Topic: Merry Christmas... ford wrench help  (Read 885 times)

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
Merry Christmas... ford wrench help
« on: December 23, 2020, 07:35:20 PM »
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas / happy holidays, happy new year, ect.
I miss everyone and at least thought I'd wish everyone a good holiday. ... and a safe one. I am back on ebay selling after a two or three year stall out... which isn't an advertisement for myself, it's an update on an ongoing problem I have.... HAD! I wanted to get a puppy, which I normally would get from the pound , but wound up buying a dog. My little friend, Lyla, is the reason I started selling tools again.... so I could afford her :) She's a mini dachshund, which I'm not sure I want to admit to owning.... I never thought I'd own a little dog. My last dog, Bean , was a great dane/ lab mix!
   Anyhow, I'm asking for some quick help. I decided to make a little wooden plaque that I tied on (with copper wire) a Ford wrench for my nephew, Timmy. But, now I realize I don't know as much history as I want to about the wrench.... it's already wrapped... no pictures. But, I think it's an earlier one. The only ID other then the script is a letter "B" in a circle in middle of wrench, and a 1 and two on each end. Was the B in circle indicitive of a certain time period or car... or doesn't that tell me anything. Anyone know a sight where I could see pics of the OE ford wrenches with dates? I'm off tomorrow, but thought I'd ask quick.
    I do miss everyone and hope everyone is being safe, happy, and kind. ... more to come
cheers
bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline p_toad

Re: Merry Christmas... ford wrench help
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 12:29:03 AM »
Sorry i can't help you with the Ford DOE...   have seen a few but don't know  much (ask anyone).   :grin:

Good to see you posting and to hear about your new fur kid.    :smiley:

Wishing you and all aboard a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.   :smiley:

Online lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 07:25:47 AM »
Hello, bird Welcome back here, and to your ebay sales!! Merry Christmas to you!!!
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline gibsontool

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 11:46:37 AM »
Good to hear from you, sorry but I can't help with the ford wrench. merry Christmass

Offline amecks

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 07:52:25 AM »
Hi Bird, Merry Christmas!  AA has "B in a circle" as being Bonney contract production.  It seems to be really difficult to identify Ford tools.  Were they car tools or tractor tools?  There are websites that have info on both car and tractor tool kits.  They show the contents of the tool kits but its hard to make out details.  Some wrenches have part numbers that can link them to a model car/tractor.  Some tools are tractor specific.
This tractor website (which has slightly out of focus photos) is somewhat helpful in spotting Ford tools. http://www.myfordtractors.com/tools.shtml
The National Ford Tool Collectors has good kit photos. https://fordtoolcollector.org/photo-gallery/
I have more links to Ford tools if want them.  Some of these websites have forums and may be able to answer specific tool questions.
Al
Jordan, NY