Author Topic: Just Hanging Around  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
Just Hanging Around
« on: August 13, 2015, 05:39:56 PM »
I took the ride out to Kinzer PA today to visit the Rough & Tumble grounds for the Threshermen's reunion. I asked around at a few of the permanent buildings and found the 6 foot Coes Key wrench Stan delivered this summer. The owner wasn't there today as one of the guys that knows him said he had to work and might not make it to the show until Saturday.

Lots of old steam powered equipment and hundreds of antique tractors of all makes you can think of. Great show if you can make it.

That is a 5 inch steel handled Coes in the Jaws.

Offline turnnut

Re: Just Hanging Around
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 08:41:53 PM »
Lewill2,   do they still have the flea market area ???

my last trip there was in 1988,  my wife & I spent 10 days in a cottage at ?? FLO'S on North Ronks Road.

nice trip, also toured the Ford Museum ( we heard that they closed.)  the Harley Davidson plant in York
and also tourd the Gem Magazine office.  plus many other places

yup, tried the shoo-fly-pie.

it was a great vacation.

J.I.Case's ?? granddaughter or great granddaughter was there for the week. ( ??  Mrs. Brigham ??? )

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 08:55:38 PM »
Yes, they still have the flea market area, not to impressive in the way of tools or wrenches. Didn't find anything I couldn't live without. If anyone stops in it is in the power plant building next to the natural gas pump engine.

Offline mvwcnews

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 12:21:23 AM »
I see they found a solid bit of the wall frame to hang it from -  wonder who the strong guys were who put it up there.  They had a considerable number  of wrenches for the COOPER gas engine setting on the floor leaning against the wall the day I delivered the Key Model.   The owner of the Key Model has a commercial refrigeration business -- I didn't dig deep enough to know if that included commercial air conditioning, or just coolers, cold storages, etc.  Either way summer would be busy time for him.