Author Topic: Honesty is the Best Policy  (Read 6090 times)

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Honesty is the Best Policy
« on: January 20, 2012, 10:35:44 AM »
Early in December, I ordered two photographic items from Amazon. One was from them and the other was from a vendor, and they didn't show up by several days after the proposed delivery time. I contacted Amazon, and they found that theirs had never shipped, and the other must have been lost. They issued me a refund on the lost item, and canceled the transaction. They shipped me a replacement for the unshipped item.

Today I received BOTH items in one box!

I got in touch with them and they offered a return authorization, but I told them that I would keep both, and have them bill me for them.
Just doing the honest thing.

So now I have two 16gig class 10 flash cards at $19.99 each, and a new Omni-Bounce Flash diffuser to try out.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Branson

Re: Honesty is the Best Policy
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 07:10:54 PM »
Good on you!   Best Policy, I agree.

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:15:46 PM »
So what kind of specialty photography you shooting for?   Fessing up to recieving them is a good thing, wouldn't expect anything else. 

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 11:26:46 PM »
No specialty really. I am a so-called "Advanced Amateur" photographer. I shoot mostly what I want, when I want. Freelance, if you will.
I have a Flickr account- http://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/ for everyday stuff, and A Smugmug account http://www.papawsimages.com/

I sell a few enlargements here and there, and sometimes display and sell at festivals and such.

Offline Dustin21

• Defiance Ohio
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 01:35:14 AM »
true papaw i followed this all my life.

i remember one case where  i was like 10 or 11 and at the doctors office i went to use the restroom and when i went in someones checkbook was under the lefthand side of the toilet like it fell out of the back of the guys pants. i took straight to the office desk and handed to the lady and she gave me a sucker.

i thought i had won the lottery by her giving me that sucker for just doing what was right.
i love sk tools/boxes and indestro super/select tools if you have any for sale or want to part with let me know.  also need a  7/8 williams superench

Offline skipskip

• Contributor
  • Glenmont NY USA
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 03:29:58 PM »
My buddy drives for UPS.

He was in a seedy part o town and lost his wallet in the crapper stall.

We all figured he would end up  nothing, but a guy called next day and said he had it.

$$ was still in it.

things that make you go ... Huh.
A place for everything and everything on the floor

Offline gibsontool

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 11:44:16 PM »
Noel. I was checking out your pics on pawpawsimages.com and under the heading of tools and tool meets I see an item that I have one off but have never been able to clearly identify. It is on the 43 rd pic of 66 and is in the top left hand corner. I have always thought it to be some sort of boat builders tool but don't  know for sure. Any chance you know what this might be? Some day(soon I hope) I will get somebody to show me how to post pictures as I have several items that I am not sure what there purpose was or is. (you take damm good pics)  Best regards, Jiml

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 12:26:23 AM »
I am not sure what it is myself. That guy has so many tools on his walls that I got almost dizzy trying to see them all! I bet Lynn Dowd can tell us.

Offline gibsontool

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 10:39:48 PM »
Thanks for the response, I really need to learn how to post pics

Offline OilyRascal

• Contributor
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 07:47:30 AM »
No specialty really. I am a so-called "Advanced Amateur" photographer. I shoot mostly what I want, when I want. Freelance, if you will.
I have a Flickr account- http://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Nice photography collection.  I most like the "plain & simple".
"FORGED IN THE USA" myself.  Be good to your tools!

Garden and Yard Rustfinder Extraordinaire!
http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=3717

Offline Branson

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 08:39:31 AM »
Noel. I was checking out your pics on pawpawsimages.com and under the heading of tools and tool meets I see an item that I have one off but have never been able to clearly identify. It is on the 43 rd pic of 66 and is in the top left hand corner. I have always thought it to be some sort of boat builders tool but don't  know for sure. Any chance you know what this might be?

I've seen these in the past somewhere.  It's a carriage maker's router -- if you're talking about the one that looks like this photo.

Offline gibsontool

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 09:23:34 AM »
Yes Branson, that pic you posted is very similar to the one I have. Thanks for the info. Jim

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
This post was on my mind yesterday. Honesty saved my job.

I have a job at a small metal fab shop a few days a week. Not much but just basic cleaning up a few hours here and there. I got my check on yesterday. I go to the bank an noticed It was way to much. I brought it in to work the next day an showed it to him. Come to find out somehow it went in to time and a half on accident and he never noticed. He said since its been slow he was gonna have to let me go today. He then said but because youve earned my trust an worked hard I will keep you on a few hours a week mainly because you are a honest kid.

Honesty saved my job :)
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline leg17

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »
T
Honesty saved my job :)

You will never be disappointed by doing the right thing.

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 04:31:22 AM »
I agree that honesty is the best policy BUT trustworthy can be your downfall
about three weeks a fellow came to my house wanting to by early wrenches . I showed him the boxes and gave him the text that went with each box  . He admired one wrench in particular a athol 5 in. adjustable. he decided he would talk it over with his partner on purchasing a lot of wrenches . When he left I put the boxes back on the shelf. Yesterday I decided to take pictures of each boxes contents Box no. 4 was short one wrench a athol  5 in. adj..Now I have no proof of where it went but I do have an idea .He is an owner of a local auction house that I have not dealt with He is just starting out and does not need too much bad publicity or casual talk mentioning the word thief so I am going to confront him and ask if he ,while looking through the wrenches , might have set it down somewhere other than where it belonged and I missed it.Any suggestions would be appreciated .
a chain on each wrench is not conceivable
bob w.
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART