Author Topic: Need help finding a owners manual for a Wards Riverside magneto tester  (Read 840 times)

Offline EVILDR235

My local trip to the Habitat Restore blessed me with a Wards Riverside electric device for testing coils, magneto and condensers. I have a small collection of appox 80 small old gas engines. They range in years from 1930 to the early 1980's. Most are older cast iron engines. I have a few newer aluminum engines that came with the older cast iron engines. The coil, magneto and condenser tester is a valuable tool for working on old iron. My problem is I need a owners manual to properly use it. It is in very good condition with little use. I paid $1.98 plus tax for it. I believe I have figured out the condenser testing part of it, I don't want to make a mistake and destroy it. I prefer analog meters over the digital type. I tried eBay for a manual and found nothing.

EvilDr235

Offline oldgoaly

Re: Need help finding a owners manual for a Wards Riverside magneto tester
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 04:39:54 PM »
I don't have the info you need but this site might be of some help.https://www.smokstak.com/forum/
A bunch of pics (5000+) of tools and projects in our shoppe
https://www.facebook.com/187845251266156/photos/?tab=albums

Offline EVILDR235

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 09:31:36 PM »
Thank you oldgoaly. I am a member on that site and posted a message there yesterday, but have yet to get a reply. I will keep searching the web til I find one. Smokstak has lots of good information on their  website.

EvilDr235

Offline JoeCB

• Contributor
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:46:27 PM »
Try posting a photo of your tester, maybe someone will recognize as a commercial unit and have info... maybe like a Mertronic or Stevens

Joe B