Author Topic: A Slow Saturday(by my standards)  (Read 1586 times)

Offline dimwittedmoose51

• Contributor
A Slow Saturday(by my standards)
« on: June 11, 2011, 01:19:32 PM »
Not much out there this weekend, so I just spent like $4 for this stuff.  There were some wire strippers and screwdrivers too that jacked the total to $7, but nothing that old or collectible.  Found a really nice old Stanley Electric Co. Bench grinder with home made stand, but the wife wouldn't go for the $35 price tag. Likely from the 40's.   Maybe $20 will be the magic number....

Top to bottom there's a Pexto pipe wrench , a ShokPruf slot screwdriver(never heard of it before), a Skelgas bottle wrench(remember Skelly Gasoline??), a stamped Premax 5/8" wrench from Niagra Falls, a W&B underneath it, and a "Trustworthy" pipe wrench to finish things out.  There used to be a chain of hardware stares called Trustworthy and since this logo is in cursive rather than block letters, I'm wondering if one of the bigger manufacturers did a private label thing.  The question is, which one??

Still might head back to the Waverly sale tomorrow for what's left at half price,  and that grinder works so sweetly at 2900rpm.....

DM&FS

Champion Pawn/Flea Plunderer
Old Tools and Music.....My drugs of choice