Author Topic: A Couple 4 in. C-Man Adjustables...one is odd  (Read 2737 times)

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
A Couple 4 in. C-Man Adjustables...one is odd
« on: October 26, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »
Here are some pictures of 2 C-Man 4 inchers.  The one with the small head opens to .530 in.  The larger opens to .685 in. 
I originally thought that this was a 6 inch head on a 4 in. handle, but that isn't the case. 

I then measured several of the 6 in. versions I have, from different manufacturers, and they measured anywhere from .75 to almost 1 in.  This was another surprise as I just assumed that the openings would be almost the same...wrong again.

So, the question is, has anyone else run across one of these "big headed" 4 inch adjustables in either C-Man or some other brand?

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline Branson

Re: A Couple 4 in. C-Man Adjustables...one is odd
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »
The detailing on the fat head looks like the most recent run of Crescent, like the Centennial editions.

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »
The one with the bigger head is newer and might still be available at Sears and retailers that sell Craftsman Tools. I have one or two that I have in my traveling tool kits for work. I think they came out with that around the time Crescent came out with the wide jaw series of adjustables.

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 03:28:01 PM »
 I think I saw a big headed Blackhawk in the display at the auto parts store a couple of days ago;but thats relying on my recall which is not always perfect.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline fflintstone

• Former master curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 08:49:52 PM »
I have a large head 4" dont remember the brand not Cman.