Author Topic: Here's one...  (Read 1725 times)

Offline amecks

Here's one...
« on: January 15, 2015, 07:55:07 AM »
This was from that auction I attended last fall.  I have not cleaned it except to wipe it off with a rag.  It appears to be brass with a roughly hewn handle.  The only markings are the numbers 231.

Al
Jordan, NY

Offline wvtools

• Contributor
Re: Here's one...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 05:28:12 PM »
I have or had one of those with a factory handle.  I think yours is replaced.  It may be some kind of sand moulders tool.

Offline oldgoaly

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 07:27:48 PM »
This is good one, the tool rockers on the curve, bit of sharp "edge" to it but it's brass? so what could be hard enough to rock or and need to be cut? Foundry sand mold? not that I know, some concrete plasterer's tools are brass, so that lead to finding this site!

http://trowelcollector.blogspot.com/2014_04_01_archive.html

From there go down the right hand side of the page to Kramer Bros. Why? I recognized  the name, open that file google drive pdf? yep!  there it is! Funny of all the files to look @ that was the 1st one. I bookmarked the page, good info! Cudos to Mr. Mark Stansbury for the interesting blog!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:30:29 PM by oldgoaly »
A bunch of pics (5000+) of tools and projects in our shoppe
https://www.facebook.com/187845251266156/photos/?tab=albums

Offline amecks

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 08:47:37 PM »
Nice work oldgoaly!  It looks like I may have to make a nicer handle for it.  There must be other uses for it than marking a circle.  Maybe the curved part that sticks out to the side is for smoothing an edge of concrete?

Thank you.
Al
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline wvtools

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 07:47:15 AM »
If you go to the third page down in the Kramers Bros. catalog link at that website, there is an illustration of where you use the different tools.  It shows the radius tool being used to form the bottom of a column (see no. 42 in the picture).