Author Topic: Thor Silver Line 8" Circular Saw (and case), Polly Polisher, and Sandy Sander  (Read 4945 times)

Offline ddahmsr

SilverLine 8" circular saw w/ original red metal carry (complete w/ instructions and all stickers): estimated 1952 to 1954. My dad's personal circular saw....used condition but very well-maintained and oiled. That is probably why the instruction sheet is oil stained. The power cord has electrical tape wrapped around it, but it is in perfect working order. Extra saw blades in case. 
Thor Polly polisher and Sandy sander......both in great working condition. Will post photos when i get back to town. Estimate them to be from same time period

OK, added a few pics of the saw, polisher, sander, and a Stanley handyman drill. I did not have time to uncover the air compressor and drill press....will try this weekend. The air compressor is a Curtis Mfg, belt drive electric motor. The drill press is a Delta Rockwell, great condition. The motor on the back has three pulley wheels mounted on the top of it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:52:09 PM by ddahmsr »

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
I modified your post. Removed "Open to good offers"- Tool Talk does not allow auctions, and sale posts need to follow the guidelines set forth in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum.
It is much better forum etiquette to introduce yourself and give us a chance to get to know you before trying to sell us something.

Someone here probably can give you some background on those power tools to help you learn more about them.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline ddahmsr

Thanks Papaw. If you want me to post somewhere else, let me know, or move this. More about us: My Dad is an Iwo Jima veteran, and went into a home last year. He was a tool salesman for over 40 years, and collected a lot of tools. I kept a lot of sentimental tools I remember him using often, but have room for no more. Besides the three I mention that I think someone would cherish more than I, there is also an old drill press, Campbell Hausfield (?) air compressor and attachments, old cylinders and torch, and many others. I really need someone who I said would appreciate them, just do not have room. Gettin' the house ready for sale. Also have a '53 M170 ambulance Willy's Jeep. I will be over there tomorrow and take some pictures to post. 

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
It's all good.
You have introduced yourself now, and probably sparked some interests here.
Pictures are what we need and love.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline ron darner

• RIP 4-18-1941- 9-30-2014
I second Papaw's comment: give us pictures, PLEASE!  There are far too many tools for anyone to know them all by name - and even if there weren't, we'd need to see the specific one offered for sale before we consider buying.
Arrogance and Ignorance have more in common than their last four letters!

Offline Nolatoolguy

Hi, welcome to the forum. We here at tooltalk usually like to know the members a little before we buy.

If you have the patent numbers the site below should give you more info. Possibly a date.

http://www.datamp.org/index.php
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood