Author Topic: Spring 2016 MVWC Meet and Wrenching News Antique Auction  (Read 3986 times)

Offline Bus

• Contributor
    • The Wrenchingnews
Spring 2016 MVWC Meet and Wrenching News Antique Auction
« on: March 22, 2016, 12:37:58 PM »
I've finished the 2016 Spring Wrenching News Antique Wrench Catalog and it is on the web at:
wrenchingnews.com/2016-york-auction/catalog.html

To view all pictures on one page:
http://wrenchingnews.com/2016-york-auction/all-pics-one-page.html

See the Wrenching News Homepage for more information
www.wrenchingnews.com

April 29 & 30, 2016 - Spring Missouri Valley Wrench Club Wrench Club Meet & the Wrenching News Antique Wrench Auction at the City Auditorium, York, Neb.

The Spring Wrenching News Antique Wrench Auction will be held after the Missouri Valley Wrench Club Spring Meet in York, Nebraska. Majority of the auction consists of the wrenches and other tools from the collections of Gil Irps of Kankakee, Illinois and Glenn Ficken of Milford, Nebraska. Consignments from a few other Missouri Valley Wrench Club members are also included.

Gil Irps was instrumental in the popularity of collecting International Harvester wrenches and tools with his compilation of IHC Parts Lists showing the tools and his annual International Tool List. P. T. Rathbone's inscription in Gil's copy of his book was "To Gil, Mr. IHC" which pretty well sums it up.

Glenn Ficken was usually in attendance at the York Wrench Meets and Auctions. He collected a wide variety of farm and adjustable wrenches especially combination and odd ball examples. He also had an extensive collection of Winchester and Keen Kutter wrenches and tools.

Auction Includes the International Harvester Wrenches, Tools and Literature from the Gil Irps Collection
Plus
Rare Cutout Wrenches - IHC Cutout - Casaday Cutout - Zenith Cutout - Bradley's Wonder Cutout - Numerous Other Cutouts - Rare Adjustables - Rare Buggy and Wagon Wrenches - Large Collection of Winchester and Keen Kutter Items - Rare First and Second Model Vise-Grips - Many Combination Tools and a Few Fencing Tools - Odd Balls - Large Selection of Non-Sparking Wrenches and other Tools - IHC and Other Farm Equipment and Tractor Manuals, Parts Books, Etc. - Books on Wrench Collecting (Schulz's and others) - IHC and other Farm Related Advertising Items and Much More.

A Few Photos

Offline Plyerman

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Northern Michigan
Re: Spring 2016 MVWC Meet and Wrenching News Antique Auction
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 06:03:54 PM »
Good work (as always) putting up the auction catalog Bus. I'll bet that is a lot more work than most folks realize.
My friends call me Bob. My wife calls me a lot worse.

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 06:49:20 PM »
I have so much to learn!  Thanks for posting!!!!!!
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline rustcollector

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 09:59:06 PM »
Can't wait to head out there this year. Even though there is only a few wrenches that are on my radar at the auction, we had so much fun with the rest of the experience last time that that is what I'm looking forward to the most.

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 03:41:23 PM »
 Me too. Guess I better get entry fee sent in and a room reserved. Wish it wasn't all at one auction. I see soooo many things I want.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline Yadda

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 09:50:14 PM »
All those pretties!
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline Bus

• Contributor
    • The Wrenchingnews
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 09:02:37 AM »
The catalogs are at the printers now and i should get them mailed to regular bidders early next week.

Offline Bus

• Contributor
    • The Wrenchingnews
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 12:04:48 AM »
Here's the horse trailer loaded with the auction catalogs and most of the wrenches ready to leave for York. Catalogs were mailed Wednesday and the wrenches are in storage till the auction April 28 and 30.

Offline Plyerman

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Northern Michigan
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 01:16:30 PM »
I made it back home pretty late last night (actually pretty early this morning) but the drive didn't seem all that long on account of the great time I had at the meet. Lots of great wrenches, great food, great stories, and great people. Everyone I met was just so friendly and helpful. (Even the ones I was bidding against, haha) I especially want to thank Bus and Stan and Clyde for all the extra work they put in throughout the year so characters like me can just show up and have a good time. Thanks fellas! 
My friends call me Bob. My wife calls me a lot worse.