Author Topic: A night at the auction  (Read 821 times)

Offline Northwoods

A night at the auction
« on: August 08, 2019, 07:15:34 AM »
Mrs. Northwood and I stopped by an evening home clean-out auction yesterday--right across from the cemetery where we own a couple parcels of real estate--to give things a quick look over.
Right away, I spotted a No. 1 Snap-on offset breaker bar (1929-1949 style), a 13/16" socket, and a universal joint.  All were coded 1930.  And a Winchester single bit axe.  And a nice set of ice tongs. (Do you remember when every country kitchen just had to have a set of ice tongs hanging somewhere?) And a preposterous cast iron juicer   

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LANDERS-FRARY-amp-CLARK-COLUMBIA-MEAT-CAST-IRON-JUICE-PRESS-SEASONED-AND-CLEAN-/254292754035?hash=item3b35077e73%3Ag%3A6hkAAOSwpKRdJomS&nma=true&si=mKUlcmIRLkgir1Qb%252BqmrHelxr2k%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The problem was that we needed to meet her brother and his wife for some barbecue.  I really hated to leave, but family occasionally comes first, as you can understand. 
I expected the sale to be over by the time we returned nearly 3 hours later, and the tool trailer was bare.  I spotted the tools in a pile and asked a couple of folks who had bought them.  Met a nice fellow from Monroe LA who was really more interested in modern Craftsman user tools and antique glass.  He sold me the Snap-on pieces, but I was easily outbid on the other items.
All in all, it was a nice evening.
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline Jimmy Joiner

Re: A night at the auction
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 01:40:08 AM »
Nice day out for sure!