Author Topic: Unusual Tool?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
Unusual Tool?
« on: August 02, 2020, 03:43:52 PM »
Hello, I am only guessing that this has an agricultural/harvesting use.Does anyone know what this is? Curved piece at the end, and the sides, are sharp. The back edge of the flat part, (what I am guessing is the bottom), is also sharp. It is 21-1/2" long, and the open area with the sharp sides measures approx. 2" x 5-1/2".  Stay safe everyone, please!! Regards, Lou
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:51:19 PM by lptools »
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline wrenchguy

• I like odd old stuff, especially mechanical.
    • Wrenchguys videos
Re: Unusual Tool?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 04:35:39 PM »
2 me it looks to rip up old linoleum floor covering.  Or something glued down.

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 04:36:16 PM »
Hello, I still haven't figured out what this "Unusual Tool" is. I actually bought 4 of them. One had a broken, non-removable front blade, and overall length of the tool was shorter  than the one posted. The next were were the same , but one had a broken removable blade. I brought a good blade in to work, gave it to my blacksmith friend, and he made a new one!! The tools appear to have been manufactured, all of the blade bolt patterns were identical. Wrenchguy, that is a great guess, but I was unable to confirm!!! Regards, Lou
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 08:07:36 PM by lptools »

Offline bill300d

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 06:53:19 PM »
Hi Lou
Don't have a guess for the first one. The second one looks similar to what I used to see back in the day screwed to the side of the counter in butcher shops and local corner markets to cut twine to tie up a package of meat or groceries.

Bill
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 07:53:20 PM »
Hello, Bill .I apologize for not putting the blades in with the "Unusual Tool".   The blades in the photos are a piece of the "Unusual Tool" that I posted. I had the blade removed so that it could be duplicated by the blacksmith. I was referring to the original post when I said I had bought 4 of them. I will post better pics tomorrow. Regards, Lou

Offline bill300d

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 07:57:39 PM »
Oh!  I don't remember the post and I didn't realize there was more to them.
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.