Author Topic: Only One Auction This Weekend  (Read 1151 times)

Offline dimwittedmoose51

• Contributor
Only One Auction This Weekend
« on: March 06, 2012, 12:19:36 AM »
 Went not expecting too much due to the sale bill, as it was mostly overstock windows and doors from a lumber yard.  Apparently no one wanted a lot of the windows, as a new  Anderson 30x60 went for $7.50. And interior doors were going for  about the same.  That left a lot of bidders hovering over a rerlatively small stash of tools.  Old Crasftsman  wood lathe went for $22.50, but the stuff I was interested in went for a lot more than I was swilling to jump on.  I ended up only walking out with 3 wins; a semi-cool set of Proto deep wall 1/2" drive sockets in their original metal tray, a  nearly complete Challenger(by Prorto) 3/8 and 1/4 drive ratchet and socket set  metric and SAE, and a flat of Craftsman screwdrivers with some Klein tools hidden in the bottom that a few bidders missed.

It's amazing how many of the empty holes in the Challeger's plastic case I was able to replenish with stuff from all my pawn shop raids.  Didn't get them all filled but the fun part was the digging I guess.

Also finally got around to cleaning up the humongous S wrenches I snagged at the Aurora Auction the week before .  One is a Billings and the other a Williams.The Williams is over 21" long.

DM&FS
Champion Pawn/Flea Plunderer
Old Tools and Music.....My drugs of choice

Offline Neals

• Contributor
  • Alberta, Canada
Re: Only One Auction This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 01:53:54 AM »
Nice quality scores.

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 06:02:16 AM »
sure rub it in guys. I can't get anywhere when you have a bad sale tough     just kidding  nice haul  bob w.
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 05:47:26 PM »
Yep - filling the socket case is half the fun!
Nice stuff.
Ratchet Guru