Author Topic: 11/09/13 Flea market picks  (Read 964 times)

Offline keykeeper

11/09/13 Flea market picks
« on: November 10, 2013, 02:02:39 PM »
Yesterdays haul from one vendor at a local flea market.

Two Heller masterwrench's, Crescent 1000-10 button's patent pliers, Crescent T47 small tin snips, Proto centerpunch, Alemite 6550 grease gun, Small Kraeter round nose pliers, 3/8 Williams eng. wrench, unknown half hatchet, hand vise, and a Champion clamp on 2" vise. Good day to pick tools!
-Aaron C.

My vintage tool Want list:
Wards Master Quality 1/2" drive sockets (Need size 5/8), long extension, & speeder handle.
-Vlchek WB* series double box wrenches.
-Hinsdale double-box end round shank wrenches.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: 11/09/13 Flea market picks
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 03:37:43 PM »
I think I am going to start collecting those small vises, I sure you will be careful with that one and what looks to be  its original sticker

I also dont know why but I have always had a soft spot for those wrenches far left, Im not a tear a perfectly good fastener kind of guy so it makes no sense I am attracted to them cause I bet they could really do some damage fast.

Last but definitely not least is the little guy by the hatchet head all by its lonesome. Id like a few complete sets of those
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 03:39:22 PM by 1930 »
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline keykeeper

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 04:32:17 PM »
1930:

That little small vise is actually two different colors of red, but I'm not sure if it is a "married" or put together piece or not. I had one once, didn't think I would ever want it to use, and sold it. It was a Brink and Cotton the same size, in its original box. I was set up at a flea market, and put a firm price on it. Some yahoo came along when I was away from the table and convinced my wife to sell it for $10..which is what I had in it, and didn't want to cut it from the $16 tag I had on it. Still a little sore about that one, but she was in a selling mood...so she says!! We sure had some words over that one!!

Same flea market she almost sold my whole collection of bottle openers for $2. I came back once to find a "picker" going through stuff and making a pile. He had found the bag full of openers (26 of them, if I recall correctly!) I had set aside in a plastic zip-lock in a tote box with "$2 for all" on it in marker on that bag....It was a bag I re-used from something else I had bought. Almost came to blows with that guy, he insisted since they were priced I had to sell them to him...I had to explain politely he had no business going through my transport totes and getting things out...my wife didn't know any better. Jerk even tried to talk me down on what he had piled up. I explained my prices were to sell and were cut as far as I was going to cut them, if he didn't like them, move along!!

The Heller wrenches are just neat, I thought, and I hadn't ever had a nice specimen of one, much less two of them, so I jumped at the chance to get them.

That little 3/8" Williams won't be alone too long, I've been slowly finding small ones akin to him to help build a "family" of them!!
-Aaron C.

My vintage tool Want list:
Wards Master Quality 1/2" drive sockets (Need size 5/8), long extension, & speeder handle.
-Vlchek WB* series double box wrenches.
-Hinsdale double-box end round shank wrenches.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:27:16 PM »
I have a small master wrench that I use to get stuck fan blades off of a rusted fan motor shaft.
Many times there's not enough room to get a Vise-Grip behind the blade so you can twist it off. the Master wrench is thin enough to get in behind there, lock the shaft, and allow me to get the dog-gone blades off.
Ratchet Guru